JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_9381.jpg

I haven't been to the gym since last week.
Having the virus has left me sitting at home.

I have done a few sets of push-ups. Taken a daily walk through the neighborhood.
There's been days where my energy has been so low that the walk required a nap afterwords.

I haven't been to the gym since last week.
Having the virus has left me sitting at home.

I have done a few sets of push-ups. Taken a daily walk through the neighborhood.
There's been days where my energy has been so low that the walk required a nap afterwords.
I'm sorry to hear that man. Recuperate, feel better, and get back in the gym when you're able.

Back in the gym this week after recovering from the virus.

I can tell my cardio capacity is diminished and will take some time to recover to pre-virus levels.

Mostly just getting back to work and trying to cover all muscle groups quickly so i can get back to normal.

"You're older now, and you need to take that into consideration. This means training hard, but not beating yourself up every session."

This took me awhile to realize. I can't hoist up the same weight I did when I was 23 and although I tried, I suffered some back tweaks that luckily weren't too serious. I push myself now, but I'm also careful to assess that I'm at a manageable weight where my form is correct. I see way too many people trying to lift too much and they're form is terrible and they're not even isolating the muscle group that they're trying to work because they're so focused on putting up a lot of weight.

I think there's an old adage, something to the effect of "leave your ego at the gym door." The older I get the more I see that this philosophy applies to many circumstances.

"Nutrition and sleep really are as important as people make them out to be. "

"Writing out, or following, a detailed workout program will get you to that next level."

These really resonated with me, especially the nutritional aspect call-out.

Fasted rolling 48s the last three weeks, from 201-185 lbs. Leaned out, so back to HITT and weights. AKA the Rambo 1986 diet plan hahaha.
Do I have this right?
You Fasted for 48 hours
ate for some period of time, calories/macros or what ever measure,
and then again Fasted for 48 hours.

What if anything did you consume during the Fast?
ie - water, alkaline water, coffee, .....

Thanks,

Normally a good fat/protein meal - 8-10 oz Ribeye, steamed veggies, cauliflower rice; fluids - coffee, tea, water. Like OMAD - one meal a day but instead one meal every 48 hours. Once you've done it a few times it is pretty easy. OMAD, or a limited 3 hour eating window is what I do 90% of the time now. No wheat, no processed sugars, no soy oils, limit carbs to under 50 daily - most from veggies, a few from certain fruits.

185.JPEG

Work-related scheduling has kept me out of the gym since Tuesday, but I made up for it today by hitting shoulders pretty hard at 6:30 this morning. I should be back to my regular schedule next week.

One thing I'd like to call out: I usually adhere to a standard workout routine with little variation. On Monday I went in for Chest Day and all of the benches were full, so I decided to do dumbbell presses in lieu of my usual barbell bench press. The next day I was much sorer because of that slight variation, so going forward I'm going to try and mix it up a little to hit the muscle groups from new angles.

Including a new meal plan in this post I'm going to try out next week as well.

. tmp-1639858460996_copy-01.jpeg

I started physical therapy last week for my bad shoulders. Learning a few exercises for the shoulders and trying to figure out one that I cannot do. They have me hold a bar that I have to pull down on normally and they want my arms extended out all the way , as the bar pulls my arms up, and then want me to shrug my shoulder blades down and keep my arms straight. I cannot do it. I have no connection in my brain to make it work. I go back in the morning and will try that one again. I will have to practice on the machine at work before I can figure that one out.

Back three years ago before I eliminated sugars, soys, processed food that cause inflammation I was a wreck sore joints wise. I wrote off the pain in my finger joints, shoulders, back, knees as just old age and strain. Now I eat foods that are anti-inflammation. Like sprinkling Turmeric on my food.

When you consume too much glucose/sugars, more then your body/liver can process it gets stuffed away in your joints, bones, you name it - like little shards.

Low carb has been life changing. Ribeyes, veggies and hearty meals. Just no junk. No joint pain at all and I work out 5-6 days a week. I mean really work out not like most 20-30s somethings that do a rep then stare at their phone for 20 minutes. Healthy eating FIRST, exercise is second (85%/15%).

Arms Day completed early this AM. The gym was a madhouse. Lots of out of shape people trying to put up way too much weight and a lot of folks resting on the machines looking at their phone. I had to weave through people to get to the dumbbell rack and the parking lot was completely full. If these are portents of what January will be like I'll need to adjust my schedule to get there at 5:00 AM before the New Year's horde shows up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top