JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New carbine?

Ouch took out the wood shed.... Our wood shed is now a den of squirrels. For now we just park the wood under a tree and throw a tarp or two over it.

Up in the north the wind is just getting started. Some times I miss the time I lived in southern Oregon. (Klamath Falls) the constant brown got to me but I loved the snow and lightning storms on Klamath lake.

New carbine is a Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum:
479883-9b77a54f2027948f38869954c92c4e08.jpg

As to the shed, fortunately, as far as I could see, didn't take it out. Just landed up top and branches are in the way of the door. Tomorrow it will be bucked up and tossed into said. The tree on the road appears to, maybe, from my johnny-jackass neighbor's side, so I'll clear it and leave it be.

As to southern Oregon, well, it is somewhat to our liking, though it is still too wet. I've been over in Klamath Falls many a time, and more so farther east in Lake County; beautiful spaces out that way. We really miss eastern Oregon (Gilliam county, shout out) and are working on plans that involve Arizona, which is way more dry. But that is another topic all together.

Cheers and best of wishes, friend. :)

New carbine is a Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum:
View attachment 534842

As to the shed, fortunately, as far as I could see, didn't take it out. Just landed up top and branches are in the way of the door. Tomorrow it will be bucked up and tossed into said. The tree on the road appears to, maybe, be on my johnny-jackass neighbors side, so I'll clear it and leave it be.

As to southern Oregon, well, it is somewhat to our liking, though it is still too wet. I've been over in Klamath Falls many a time, and more so farther east in Lake County; beautiful spaces out that way. We really miss eastern Oregon (Gilliam county, shout out) and are working on plans that involve Arizona, which is way more dry. But that is another topic all together.

Cheers and best of wishes, friend. :)
I need to buy something new. It's been 6 months or so, I'm having withdrawals....

Beer. Light beer. Fairly cold. Meh.

I looked at the calorie count of light beer vs normal beer and decided...

Well crap I brew beer and I'm not entirely sure how they make it light. I mean the yeast converts sugars to alcohol so light beer to me is just less alcohol.

What's the point? You can just call it a low gravity beer. All marketing hype as far as I can see.

I looked at the calorie count of light beer vs normal beer and decided...

Light beers, calories, huh? Serious manual labor and/or working out and this is not a concern. Well, that and I like gin and tequila. :s0112:

I can always count on you guys.

:D

Should I get a 357 magnum or a 44 magnum? I'm on a new found revolver with a kick obsession...looking to get one next weekend probably S&W

Funny you mention it, because I went back and forth on that question. With the .357 Magnum we are already so setup, and threading it to run our 9㎜ silencer on it would be a piece of cake. On the other hand, this past year (2018), I got into .44 Magnum and have been left pondering why the hell I didn't get into it earlier. I went with the .44. If/when it makes sense, I can always acquire a can that works with said. Until then, a light, 10+1 carbine, to backup a couple pistolas (Model 29, Desert Eagle) in said works just fine. Your mileage may vary, but so far I'm down the forty-four. Best of wishes. :)

my dad has a 44 mag, that thing is fun to shoot. The only 357 I have shot was a snub nose and that was no fun so hard to compare.

I inherited a jframe 38spcl airweight smith lately. It was my mom's bump in the night gun and have had a lot of fun with it... But when I was a teenager I rented a 357 at the range and the muzzle flash from it was so nice it curled my teeth and left a permanent smile on my face for an hour.

I'd love to recreate the experience, but it was an indoor range so I figured a 44magnum would give me a bit more giggity and even some protection from cougars and bears in the woods where I live.

Light beers, calories, huh? Serious manual labor and/or working out and this is not a concern. Well, that and I like gin and tequila. ;)

:D

Funny you mention it, because I went back and forth on that question. With the .357 Magnum we are already so setup, and threading it to run our 9㎜ silencer on it would be a piece of cake. On the other hand, this past year (2018), I got into .44 Magnum and have been left pondering why the hell I didn't get into it earlier. I went with the .44. If/when it makes sense, I can always acquire a can that works with said. Until then, a light, 10+1 carbine, to backup a couple pistolas (Model 29, Desert Eagle) in said works just fine. Your mileage may vary, but so far I'm down the forty-four. Best of wishes. :)

Great advice. And that lever gun is perty

I have been eyeballing the Winchester 1886 myself... 9 rounds of 45-70 just sounds magical.

I inherited a jframe 38spcl airweight smith lately. It was my mom's bump in the night gun and have had a lot of fun with it... But when I was a teenager I rented a 357 at the range and the muzzle flash from it was so nice it curled my teeth and left a permanent smile on my face for an hour.

I'd love to recreate the experience, but it was an indoor range so I figured a 44magnum would give me a bit more giggity and even some protection from cougars and bears in the woods where I live.
I bought my wife a 38spcl air-weight for home protection when I am out of town. Its a cool little piece and works for her since she is so tiny. I'd like to shoot a 357 in something other than a snub nose. 44 mag is really fun though. My dad's has an 8" barrel so it really helps with the recoil.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top