JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am on a big time BiB kick (bottled-in-bond). Old Grand Dad tonight. Haven't had a bad one yet (Evan Williams, Jim Beam, and several others) .

Old Grand Dad is the most expensive yet, $24. Most of the others are $14-20 range.

A great value, all of them.

008DBE02-8969-4423-AA73-4D25C1C2CF1D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Just made 2 nice pots of coffee. Halfway thru one now, Mmmm....

The rest to thermos up for work.

Everyone please be safe out there!

Lotsa folks out celebrating and not being sensible about it and staying put, or designating a driver.

More folks than usual not giving a crap about anyone, but their own high (alcohol, meth, heroin etc), and driving...

Guess what I bought myself for Christmas.:cool:

P1000086.jpg

Here's the short story.

I was in Cozumel a couple weeks ago. Took the Tequila Distillery tour, which I always enjoy. After they let you taste everything they make, they sell you whatever was your favorite. This stuff, Tres Tonos, is exquisite! And it's not necessarily cheap. Bought the bottle for $120. When I got home and looked it up, although it's not available at an OLCC store, it costs $60 in the stores in other states not run by the state.

What can I say? They must have thought I looked like a tourist.:cool:

Last Edited:
A lot of whiskey tonight. Only two people scheduled and no one covered my lunch. Also smashed my fingers in between carts to stop 30-40 carts from running over a little girl and her equally "smart" mother.

Just got home from another long day at the office. Sipping the Gin & Tonic (with a twist of lime). Thinking back over the year and planning to hit the ground running on the next one tomorrow. :s0155:

Enjoying my hydromel (Mead under 10% Abv, ~9.5% in this case) after aging for 6 months, I was wrong at the 3 month mark. The yeast flavor subsided and brought out the floral notes and a subtle perceived sweetness, it's still bone dry but the honey character helps give the idea of sweetness.

Man, I wish I knew you better.

P

P1000106.JPG

I don't always drink rum, but sometimes when I do, I really like the $1.50 stuff. Went on a rum tasting tour, and there's some pretty interesting stuff out there we've never heard of in Oregon.:cool:

This is the first time I've ever seen a barrel room. A small distillery, but to see so many barrels at once is bigger than life to a simple person like me.
b0858e_7a8a1329134f4b07aaad8fbe2112ddaa.png

This tasting tour, we were allowed to help ourselves to as much or as little as our hearts could handle, of any product they made.
b0858e_0d0e2dc9b3c645ec9310d7ce0a34c303.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top