JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats brother, this is huge, keep up the good work and please say a prayer for the rest of us who would like to say the same thing.
You'll need all the prayers you can get in that regard, Bill! :s0140:

You'll need all the prayers you can get in that regard, Bill! :s0140:
True story Sobo. Was not going to drink tonight but failed. Same as yesterday, etc etc. I did get the grill fired up and made a decent meal though, so there is that:)

Having my usual, Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whisky.

Unfortunately I missed my son's wedding back at the end of April. I bought him a bottle of Redbreast 12, then found out that he doesn't drink Irish much and all his compadres drink bourbon; so, I decided to keep the 'good stuff' for myself, and I'll get him and his bride something more to their liking when I see them.

@Hybrid Slave , Well, if the root beer float is as good, or nearly so, as a renowned single malt at this particular time . . . then I'd opt for the float. Enjoy and at the same time save the single malt for a more appropriate time. (I.E. don't waste good booze!!)
You know, I've always felt the same way until recently when a brother-in-law with whom I was enjoying same said Lagavulin suggested to me to not wait too, too, long for those special occasions. Coincidentally, it was the evening before the nieces' wedding. He had some sound reasons behind the suggestion and it got me to thinking about conscientiously taking more time and occasions to celebrate and be grateful for what I have.

Or it could be a fancy philosophical way of finding a way to spoil myself more. But, I think you're right, and to over indulge causes one to take good things for granted.

There seems to be so much of that going around in this wonderful land of plenty of ours nowadays.
Thanks and BZ

Having my usual, Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whisky.

Unfortunately I missed my son's wedding back at the end of April. I bought him a bottle of Redbreast 12, then found out that he doesn't drink Irish much and all his compadres drink bourbon; so, I decided to keep the 'good stuff' for myself, and I'll get him and his bride something more to their liking when I see them.
Another one to put on my test drive list. When I'm looking for smooth yet flavorful Irish Whiskys always top the list. If I'm not mistaken they have been making it longer than anyone else.

Tullamore D.E.W. always makes it in the top ten list of Irish whiskeys, due to its smoothness and quality, and a decent pricetag. I've been drinking it since the late '70's, and for a time in the mid '90's, it was not available (for some unknown reason) so a friend had a bottle sent to me all the way from Australia, just to celebrate my retirement from the U.S. Navy. Now that's a friend !!!

Wait until I tell the big boss on Monday, he is not going to be happy. From now on, if I am not fired, it will be one item out of the case at a time and my eyes never leave it. Edit: just like I treat the guns:
I thought that's how it was always done. At least, that's the way the jewelers deal with me at the jewelry/watch store. Mebbe it's because how I look... 🤔

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top