JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
High West Double Rye tonight…

6A5C193F-304B-4A2A-9615-4BEDC5E08D26.jpeg

Cheers!

bbbut.... why? 🤓
Recently Dx'ed as pre-diabetic in my latest wellness exam. Fasting glucose was 112 mg/dl. Anything between 100-125 mg/dl is pre-diabetes. Over 125 mg/dl is Type II diabetes. I don't want that... :s0002:

Doc said to cut back on red meat to no more than 2X/week, and cut back on all alcohol to the point of abstention. Oh, and get some exercise...

Recently Dx'ed as pre-diabetic in my latest wellness exam. Fasting glucose was 112 mg/dl. Anything between 100-125 mg/dl is pre-diabetes. Over 125 mg/dl is Type II diabetes. I don't want that... :s0002:

Doc said to cut back on red meat to no more than 2X/week, and cut back on all alcohol to the point of abstention. Oh, and get some exercise...
And that's why I stay away from doctors, they take away the fun stuff that the wife hasn't already…

Yeah man, get that glucose level down!

I am a little suspicious about your doctor, however. He said cut back on red meat, but didn't recommend eating more venison? It is leaner and has less fat and fewer calories. Venison does not have any significant carbohydrates, which makes it suitable for diabetics.

And doesn't he know that the smell of gun powder helps curb the urge for alcohol? It's got something to do with the distraction of the smell that sets you off to want to go shoot stuff instead of staying home and drinking. You may spend about as much on the gun powder, (probably more), but it will be more fun and healthier than drinking!

So take it from Dr. Two Daller Bill; Go shoot a deer and eat it. Go shooting at the range every time you feel like a nip of the good stuff. And remember, the good stuff is the satisfying odor of gun powder and a nice Deer/Elk/Moose steak on the plate!

Dr. Bill.

Yeah man, get that glucose level down!

I am a little suspicious about your doctor, however. He said cut back on red meat, but didn't recommend eating more venison? It is leaner and has less fat and fewer calories. Venison does not have any significant carbohydrates, which makes it suitable for diabetics.

And doesn't he know that the smell of gun powder helps curb the urge for alcohol? It's got something to do with the distraction of the smell that sets you off to want to go shoot stuff instead of staying home and drinking. You may spend about as much on the gun powder, (probably more), but it will be more fun and healthier than drinking!

So take it from Dr. Two Daller Bill; Go shoot a deer and eat it. Go shooting at the range every time you feel like a nip of the good stuff. And remember, the good stuff is the satisfying odor of gun powder and a nice Deer/Elk/Moose steak on the plate!

Dr. Bill.
That was good, Dr. Cogs... or Dr. Bill... or whatever... :s0140:

He did say to eat at least (and he emphasized the "at least") 2 portions of fish per week, specifically salmon, sardines, etc.
He said skinless chicken and turkey are OK in moderation. Didn't say anything about deer meat...

Fasting glucose is a really small piece of the pie. What's your A1c?

P

5.5% is pretty good.

Has it changed much in the last 2 years?
I thought you might ask that, so I went back and looked at my glucose and A1c numbers. Seemed to be pretty steady, even after the botched knee operation that has its 2-year anniversary this week.

05/29/2020: glucose = 97 mg/dl, A1c = not read
12/09/2020: botched knee operation and subsequent paralysis/major loss of mobility
06/04/2021: glucose = 97 mg/dl, A1c = not read
05/04/2022: glucose = not read, A1c = 5.7%
10/21/2022: glucose = 112 mg/dl, A1c = 5.5%

Would there be some other measurement for something that correlates to A1c, since it was not read on a couple of tests? Something like HGB, maybe? :s0092:

Last Edited:
I'd say you were in better shape, Wilford Brimley speaking, than most.
"Were"? Thanks... I guess... :(
Lay off the sugar a bit.
My doc said the same thing. Thing is, I rarely eat stuff w/added sugar. I don't even have any actual sugar in the house. IDK where that's coming from... :s0092:

Interesting video on reversing Type II / pre diabetic. Might be worth a listen and try.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top