JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If any of you folks are ever in the Portland Area, I'd suggest The Multnomah County Whiskey Library. Their bartenders know how to make stellar traditional cocktails but it will set you back a pretty penny. I was in there for my bachelor outing and asked the barkeep if he knew how to make an old fashioned. He looked at me like I was nuts and said "of course" and when I couldn't decide on a bourbon he recommended a middle shelf selection that paired just right with the ingredients of the old fashioned. It was awesome.

LOL! Figures!!! Mainstream places always go cheap when it comes to mixed drinks! Would you believe it that I was in Northside Chicago a couple years back, asked a bartender if she could make an Old Fashioned and a Tom Collins to which she replied; "what the hell is that" and shot us the look of death.

I appreciate awesomely crafted traditional drinks and long ago I had a Collins recipe made with powdered sugar, lemon juice, simple syrup and some other items. Sadly it was lost along with an old phone but I'm always on the hunt for a good one. Also, the best gin barnone for me was Bombay Saphire and Beefeater.
Beefeater is a good one .
My buddy drinks gin all the time but he buys the bumpy bottle cheap stuff.
Lol he let me barrow his truck one time.
I returned it with a full tank of gas and a bottle of BEEFEATER.
he was happy.

Yup, it's a sad day in bars and anywhere serving hard alcohol when your barkeep can't make a good version of a traditional drink. I wonder now what the reaction would've been like had I asked for a martini!?!? LOL

Haha, sad days indeed, amigo. I do most of my drinking on the homestead, where we mix our own. Though I enjoy the occasional cocktail in town. I've only stumped the local establishments once. And any bartender who can't make a half-way decent Martini most assuredly must hang his or her head in shame. :s0155:

What is that?

I had the same question. As near as I can see, it like a soft drink, but with more "energy" (presumably caffeine), and there is a claw mark down the side of the can.

(Thinking of claw marks: A few days ago I chased a fox away with rifle in hand. Oh, he was a fighter, or at least claimed said with his growls and shown teeth, so I was a little concerned, well, not really. Fortunately, after calling his bluff, the little red-tailed bugger took off without shots fired. Haha, it is all good.)

I'll be having a bon fire, friends over, I'll have a couple beers, then Foldgers coffee. Yep, I'm a real hellion.

Beers, ok. Coffee, ok. Mixed? I don't know; I am thinking this a curious combination. Might even be a:

nwjnxwbqhjp7o6nwpzmk.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR