JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Diabetic with CKD and liver disease... can't have protein, carbs, fat, and Wed the liver doc said not even an occasional beer, so I guess I'm shopping for O'Douls this weekend. That or I'll raid the liquor supply and blast off in a blaze of glory!!!

Diabetic with CKD and liver disease... can't have protein, carbs, fat, and Wed the liver doc said not even an occasional beer, so I guess I'm shopping for O'Douls this weekend. That or I'll raid the liquor supply and blast off in a blaze of glory!!!

Damn, sorry to learn that. Looks like you might have to smoke a little green stuff every once and a while to take the edge off? Seems like the public opinion has improved, now that it has been legal for a couple years.

Damn, sorry to learn that. Looks like you might have to smoke a little green stuff every once and a while to take the edge off? Seems like the public opinion has improved, now that it has been legal for a couple years.

I probably would, but always had some undesirable side effects with the wacky tobacky. Not sure I want to give it another shot with the more intense green that they have today.

I like to have a selection. I don't drink every day, just once in a while when I find myself without a kiddo home.
A Good Friend just sent me a U-Tube of Foster Brooks at the Don Rickles "Roast" of Dean Martin and I will admit it's the Very first time the word Scotch really made me Chuckle out loud when I'm all alone!

Its Friday so you all know what that's means, time for a drink!

So what are you drinking tonight?

I have been wanting to try an Apple flavored whiskey, so I picked this up today and it is pretty damn good.

View attachment 397687
Good Tequila (Not made by Jose Cuervo, he is not a friend of mine). A lick of salt, followed by a bite of a 1/4 lime wedge chased with a full shot of Tequila. With dinner, of course (two shots if the dinner involves tacos or enchiladas or if someone else is buying Patron which always justifies two shots). Patron requires a larger shot glass(s), lots of lime(s), and frequent sipping followed by smiles and sighs of satisfaction, but only on very rare and special occasions (or if someone else is buying). Otherwise Sauza or Herrradura.
Semper Fi

Last Edited:
Improvised Mexican Hot Cocoa.

8 oz milk
1tbs honey
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch chili powder
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
2 hot chocolate packets
1 tbs instant coffee
2 oz aged Tequila
Redi whip

Mix and heat first 6 ingredients, stir in hot cocoa and coffee, add tequila , top with redi whip, garnish with sprinkle of cinnamon.
Four thumbs up except I substituted a shot of Kalua to taste for the sugar, honey and instant coffee

Sorry to hear that. I can relate. Cheese, jicama, vanilla nepro LP and rice crispy treats! They will change your life.

IMG_20190727_194803951.jpg

Good Tequila (Not made by Jose Cuervo, he is not a friend of mine). A lick of salt, followed by a bite of a 1/4 lime wedge chased with a full shot of Tequila. With dinner, of course (two shots if the dinner involves tacos or enchiladas or if someone else is buying Patron which always justifies two shots). Patron requires a larger shot glass(s), lots of lime(s), and frequent sipping followed by smiles and sighs of satisfaction, but only on very rare and special occasions (or if someone else is buying). Otherwise Sauza or Herrradura.
Semper Fi

Have you tried Tequila Cazadores, Born in Los Altos de Jalisco? I find it acceptable quality at a reasonable price point.

Sorry to hear that. I can relate. Cheese, jicama, vanilla nepro LP and rice crispy treats! They will change your life.

I ate an entire bag of White Cheddar Cheetos last night after a stressful two days of dog sitting for a friend. It sure changed my Sunday morning!!! Swelled up like a toad...

I like regular Jim Beam just fine, Old Overholt Rye was a favorite, have not seen it in years. Have not had a drink at home in two years.

You are the only person besides my best childhood friend that speaks of Old Overholt. I'm so amazed!!! I used to drink it in my youth, even carried a flask around when I was a whiskey drinker. I had to quit because it was developing into a problem, and then I married a gal with kids. I also haven't seen it around.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews