JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, you read that correctly, and I know what you're thinking haha.
My step son wanted to have his birthday at an airsoft arena and play with all his friends. So of course we obliged. I know it's for fun, and its a "game", but I was way put off by the lack of "firearm" safety. The kids, and myself(The boy said I had to play), went in to a room for a "safety briefing". All their safety brief consisted of was; dont leave the field with a magazine in, don't take off your mask and don't shoot anyone with their hands up. So of course I'm watching kids come off the field, fingers on triggers, muzzles pointed at other people, and just typical firearm ignorance. I then decided to give the kids my own "safety briefing".
I guess the part that bothers me is that they try to make all these weapons and games realistic, but yet do not promote realistic safety and precaution. These kids may not have parents that shoot, or anyone to teach them proper, and are learning bad habits from these tacticool airsoft dimwits. Just something to keep in mind if any of your kids play or want to go play airsoft.

You can also sell the safety procedures to kids because that is what the "special forces" guys do.

See this picture kids? What do you noticed about these cool special forces guys? That's right trigger discipline, muzzle discipline. You want to to really get into airsoft, you should practice and train the safety drills they do

gts2Yqz.jpg

I noticed that too, occasionally when looking at shooting videos "airsoft" ones will be on the side selection.

Those kids really need better safety and muze awareness.. It should teach discipline, but since these kids know they wont "really" get hurt they mess around and shoot each other even when not "in game"..

Thing is.. Like with paintball, you CAN go blind.. These kids dont think of that.
I hear the guys who are really into it handle airsoft guns like real firearms and follow rules.. But the young kids just starting out dont treat the airsoft guns with the safety consciousness they should.

You definitely can get hurt with an air soft gun. I've got a couple and if you're using one powered by CO2 and shooting the heavy BB's (.43g have a steel core under that plastic shell), you definitely need to be practicing the same safety precautions as a pellet gun or regular gun.

Air soft guns should be a great opportunity to learn safe gun handling, not be treated like toys.

Yes, you read that correctly, and I know what you're thinking haha.
My step son wanted to have his birthday at an airsoft arena and play with all his friends. So of course we obliged. I know it's for fun, and its a "game", but I was way put off by the lack of "firearm" safety. The kids, and myself(The boy said I had to play), went in to a room for a "safety briefing". All their safety brief consisted of was; dont leave the field with a magazine in, don't take off your mask and don't shoot anyone with their hands up. So of course I'm watching kids come off the field, fingers on triggers, muzzles pointed at other people, and just typical firearm ignorance. I then decided to give the kids my own "safety briefing".
I guess the part that bothers me is that they try to make all these weapons and games realistic, but yet do not promote realistic safety and precaution. These kids may not have parents that shoot, or anyone to teach them proper, and are learning bad habits from these tacticool airsoft dimwits. Just something to keep in mind if any of your kids play or want to go play airsoft.

You know it's for fun, but did you have fun?

You know it's for fun, but did you have fun?

I actually did. Any time spent with the boy is a good time. Would I go out of my way to play again? No. Reminded me of my paintball play from BITD but more cheating/complaining. The best part though was the Dad vs kids. Dad won :D

My son had his birthday party at the Hillsboro Arena. We did a private party so, no unsafe folks were in our group. All the kids with us have had prior firearms experience, so there was no muzzle jabbing going on.
However, the safety enforcement was non-existent from the staff, we policed ourselves and the adults in our group made sure the kids were following good safety protocol.

My son had his birthday party at the Hillsboro Arena. We did a private party so, no unsafe folks were in our group. All the kids with us have had prior firearms experience, so there was no muzzle jabbing going on.
However, the safety enforcement was non-existent from the staff, we policed ourselves and the adults in our group made sure the kids were following good safety protocol.

That is the same one we went to. By the airport. We also went the private party route. I'm glad we did that too, as I could kind of take over. Safety concerns were pretty much non existent from staff.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews