JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad you are ok and everything worked out.

We here in Washafornia will get new challenges when presented with a similar situation after the 1st of July with I-1639 in place. We are going to have to start running speed drills on how long it takes to retrieve our unloaded and locked up home defense "assault rifle" (aka any semi-auto") to respond to a similar threat. I guess we have to hope any assailants are mentally and physically impaired to the point they take 20 minutes to enter the home while we are calling 911, retrieving the weapon of choice, unlocking it, loading it, and getting ready for business.:mad:

These Pollyanna, left wing, liberal idiots running the NW States are going to get us all killed.
Cripes....
:s0054:

00ddce11eb42d72fd22ab4b7d9875eea4419fd39916dbe8dd946dfe8558ec180.jpg

I have a Mossy 500 with a high output light just for that reason... it's for outside, not inside. If I needed to clear the inside, I would use my AR 10.5" pistol. That said, if I had to hike up a hill, I'd be askin a neighbor to do it. Not me!!!

I'd be askin a neighbor to do it. Not me!!!

Well, it was pretty much up to this fellow to hike up in the darkness. After going up said hill double quick, I was painfully reminded that I am no longer young. Though me and the wifely sidekick both concurred they two, eh, gentlemen were stoned out of their gourd, my concern was if they were right, I better find where the fire was damn fast and get help out. I get up to the top and survey the land below and see nothing. First comes relief there is no danger, then a few choice expletives, and then pondering what the blazes they saw. And said blazes, at least my working theory is, the glow from the controlled fires on the other side of the hill. I don't own any land on the other side and, as far as I know, neither does my jackass neighbor.

Well, it was pretty much up to this fellow to hike up in the darkness. After going up said hill double quick, I was painfully reminded that I am no longer young. Though me and the wifely sidekick both concurred they two, eh, gentlemen were stoned out of their gourd, my concern was if they were right, I better find where the fire was damn fast and get help out. I get up to the top and survey the land below and see nothing. First comes relief there is no danger, then a few choice expletives, and then pondering what the blazes they saw. And said blazes, at least my working theory is, the glow from the controlled fires on the other side of the hill. I don't own any land on the other side and, as far as I know, neither does my jackass neighbor.
If they were high then I doubt they were of sound mind to know if there was a fire or not. On the other hand, I would have checked anyways as well. A guy knocked on our door to let us know our neighbor's yard was on fire, and when I checked his shed was on fire.

I remember when I was a kid working on my pickup in a shop after hours - in Silverton. The local FD takes off with sirens. Turns out a drunk saw the moon rising, and because it was reddish that night, he thought the forest was on fire so he calls it in. :rolleyes:

Not just stoned people that do stupid things when under the influence - indeed, I've seen more people under the influence of alcohol do stupid stuff than people who are stoned.

Last Edited:
On the other hand, I would have checked anyways as well.

That was my thinking. I was pretty sure they were incorrect. On the other hand, I've seen how fast wildfires move in this country. The folks in Paradise, California who are no longer among the living are fresh in my mind. If it was that close, there would not be much time to load up the little friends and bug out and get the fire department out here. Fortunately, their report was, how do I put this, a "pipe dream".

Now we are getting torrential rains, so burns, planned or otherwise, are not a concern.

Yah, this is what they saw:

View attachment 520484

Considering their deportment, that looks to be a correct analysis.

That was my thinking. I was pretty sure they were incorrect. On the other hand, I've seen how fast wildfires move in this country. The folks in Paradise, California who are no longer among the living are fresh in my mind. If it was that close, there would not be much time to load up the little friends and bug out and get the fire department out here. Fortunately, their report was, how do I put this, a "pipe dream".

Now we are getting torrential rains, so burns, planned or otherwise, are not a concern.

Considering their deportment, that looks to be a correct analysis.
Takes a lot for a big fire here, but the neighbor's shed was right next to the fence, which is wood and connected to our wood fence. Which in turn is connected to our house. Only takes one...

Few people in our neighborhood lost their homes to a fire in the past few years.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top