JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess it depends what they were on. If they like to smoke pot, it's one thing, if they were tweakers, they would probably be removed from my property with more authority. And yeah, I dont answer the door without a HD gun either;)

I'm no expert, but all the indicators said "pothead" not "tweaker". The former, whatever, it is not my thing, but am not overly concerned. The latter, big problem and the defensive posture would be something else. Regardless, having the piece, as you say, is a good thing.

Glad you're ok.

I would also add...and this is just personal preference...but as I head away from the house and up a many acres hill, I tend to become less enamored with my shotgun and much more partial to my rifle, due to it's greater effectiveness at longer distances. I'm very glad you didn't need either though. :)

Glad this was a benign visit.

So, out of the blue, two junkies show up at our back porch.
You were awfully cordial. My experience (3X) with Backyard visitors is they are NOT there in good faith, and best greeted with the business end.

We were both spanked and the knives removed. :s0112:
Did he later "learn ya" how to attach them correctly?

Glad to hear everything turned out ok.

I had a incident last St. Patrick's day with this methed out dirt bag walking around my house looking in windows while carrying a pick-axe he had picked up from the side of my garage. He got a ride courtesy of CCSO.

1969.jpeg

If I may add :
If someone calls Law enforcement to report what happened and another person is armed and checking things out....it might be wise to tell that to law enforcement...give a details description of who , what the person is wearing and whether not they are armed ...

I am glad that all ended well...read too many accounts of other outcomes.
Andy

Glad to hear everything turned out ok.

I had a incident last St. Patrick's day with this methed out dirt bag walking around my house looking in windows while carrying a pick-axe he had picked up from the side of my garage. He got a ride courtesy of CCSO.

View attachment 520223

Hmmmm..... sounds like he's lucky you didn't turn his head into a canoe to go along with that pick-axe... o_O

That's exactly what I got my Shockwave (with brace) for.

I try to never step outside the house without my phone in my pocket. Much of the time inside the house I have it with me. Getting to that age that I can "fall down and can't get up".:(

Tweakers is probably better than feds at your door, again. o_O

Good thing they were trying to be courteous, and stupid. Instead of stupid and trying to do more stupid.

Glad you are ok and everything worked out.

We here in Washafornia will get new challenges when presented with a similar situation after the 1st of July with I-1639 in place. We are going to have to start running speed drills on how long it takes to retrieve our unloaded and locked up home defense "assault rifle" (aka any semi-auto") to respond to a similar threat. I guess we have to hope any assailants are mentally and physically impaired to the point they take 20 minutes to enter the home while we are calling 911, retrieving the weapon of choice, unlocking it, loading it, and getting ready for business.:mad:

These Pollyanna, left wing, liberal idiots running the NW States are going to get us all killed.
Cripes....:s0054:

So, out of the blue, two junkies show up at our back porch. The Smurf yells "someone's here!," I grab a piece, and crack the back door and ask what is up. I instantly notice they are both high as a fing kite. They said something like "yah, um, your neighbor (also a worthless druggie idiot) saw both of your properties are on fire and said we should tell you." I thank them and they took off.

I instantly thought it was time to hike up the hill to confirm/deny said report. The better half was concerned it was a ruse to get me away from the house. I handed her a 9㎜ and told her to call the Sheriff. I hike up a many acres hill with a Mossberg, with a light system, and a PPK in the waistband. I get up top and, guess what? No fire. The brain-dead crew spotted a controlled burn on the other side of the mountain. Neither of which is on my or his property. To make sure there was no further idiocy, I hiked down the road, ravine, etc., and confirmed no morons were on said. The better half did call the sheriff's department and was told they had multiple reports from idiots stating the same, to not worry about it, and ignore the impaired crew.

Lessons learned:

• Druggies are idiots. Wait, I already knew that.
  • Having a shotgun ready to roll (loaded with 00-buck, a good light system, etc.) was a fine thing whilst hiking up in the dark.
  • An armed society is a polite society. Well, normally, and this case probably so.
  • Evidently the outside notification system we have on the perimeter has ceased functioning, so this shall be addressed on the morrow.
  • I was asked to take the phone, I think I replied in the affirmative, but did not in my haste. Next time, the phone, or one of the walkie-talkies will go. It could have saved me getting all the way up the hill and finding nothing.:s0112:
  • I'm damn glad the sidekick can take care of herself. (I get back and I see her making apple-sauce cake for the lil' ones with a Walther 99 next to the stove. Bueno.)
  • Anyone who snivels out "why do you need a gun?" is an even bigger idiot than the two that showed up tonight.
:s0155:

Nicely done. Glad your safe..

My experience (3X) with Backyard visitors is they are NOT there in good faith, and best greeted with the business end.
Most people who are acting in good faith (and w their respective marbles accounted for) would go to the front door, knock respectfully, then step back to allow the homeowner full view of (at least) their hands and face(s) before deciding whether to open up or not. That's not even conditional to area (rural vs suburban vs ghetto)... if not out of respect and/or courtesy, at least a modicum of self-preservation instinct.

Nice choice on the P99. My P99c just got put back into the mix as my winter carry. Today (off work, doing holiday bubblegum) I'll have the full-sized SW99 with me.

Cuz... 'Murica!

Most people who are acting in good faith (and w their respective marbles accounted for) would go to the front door, knock respectfully, then step back to allow the homeowner full view of (at least) their hands and face(s) before deciding whether to open up or not. That's not even conditional to area (rural vs suburban vs ghetto)... if not out of respect and/or courtesy, at least a modicum of self-preservation instinct.

Nice choice on the P99. My P99c just got put back into the mix as my winter carry. Today (off work, doing holiday bubblegum) I'll have the full-sized SW99 with me.

Cuz... 'Murica!
Totally agree. That is what I do when I knock on people's doors.
Kimber CDP, every day. When I'm comfortable with the PPK and R51, those will be in the rotation. R51 got a bad rap - it's the mag design that causes all the headaches.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top