JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I built him an AR "pistol" with 5.56 and 300 BO uppers. I reiterated MANY times that he should NEVER mix the two. Yep. He went shooting with idiots and they mixed'em up. Blew the lugs off the upper, destroyed the BCG completely , sheered off the bolt catch etc. . No one got hurt but Ive seen much worse on other forums.

Be careful. Heading down to Albany to rebuild tomorrow. Hopefully he learned something.

I hope he's paying for it with hard labor...
Gotta teach kids discipline or they end up with 3 DUI's, a pile of totaled cars and teen pregnancies... fortunately I was taught discipline.

Yeah. His friends were loading mags and put a box full of 300 BO in a magazine and then filled it up the rest of the way with .223. Had the .223 upper on it and he only saw the .223 in the mag when he stuck it in. 300 BO Will chamber in a .223 but that pesky 30 cal bullet wont go down the bore.

I see, it was his friends' fault... well they can help with whatever manual labor you decide upon.

But you have to admit, it sounds a LITTLE fun.
It's all fun and games until you have a permanent scar on your face and realize you have mouths to feed but can't pass a BGC! LoL

Let's just be glad that this was only a hard lesson for wired junior.

I always wondered what would happen if I did that with my own AR's. I figured I would be missing a few fingers and an eye.

It would have been worse if he been using standard 300 Ammo. I had a case of Nossler Varmageddon I gave him with the upper. It has a very short 110 grain bullet and the pressure , while enough to destroy the BCG and upper receiver it wasnt anywhere near as bad as Ive seen pics from other kabooms. . As it stands it looks like the barrel is OK and may be able to be reused with a new BCG and upper receiver.

20171228_205449.jpg Everyone makes mistakes. This little gem is mine. I keep it in my range bag as a reminder to not be complacent. Im glad your son didnt get hurt. I doubt he will let the same mistake happen twice.

Yeah. His friends were loading mags and put a box full of 300 BO in a magazine and then filled it up the rest of the way with .223. Had the .223 upper on it and he only saw the .223 in the mag when he stuck it in. 300 BO Will chamber in a .223 but that pesky 30 cal bullet wont go down the bore.
weird. ive tried to chamber 300blk in my 5.56 gun just to see if it would. gun never would go into battery.

its always been 125gr-208gr 300blk though. none of the small stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top