JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude, seriously? Ok, first: I don't make anyone believe anything. YOU DO THAT YOURSELF. Got it? If YOU take something I say, and process it as SOMETHING YOU UNDERSTAND, who is at fault for making up what is known known as information? That would be you, the processor of information, not the information itself.

Second: Do I know why someone was banned? Well, I know what they told me. But I don't know what the person who banned them told them, or why they were banned, for that matter. I would rather not speak upon WHY PEOPLE WERE BANNED on a public forum, the public forum they were banned for, as I HAVENT, and it is really not my business, and I don't know the exact real reasons why they were banned. You were the one who brought up why they were banned, and I ignored that questions because I didn't see it as my place to try and explain what I was told.

I am done talking about this, as obviously all you want to do is point the finger, even after I thought we were on the same page. I have said what I said, explained what I meant by it, and now I am done.

...since I personally have not spoken to as much as a single person who has been banned. I have however spoken personally to several people who simply no longer participate and e-mailed with many more in the same boat.

I have even heard from a few people during the course of this thread via e-mail and spoke to one in Clackamas today and they do not feel anything has changed...and to be honest, after reading this thread I can see why they would feel that way.

I dont see how this is so difficult. Penguin, if you dont like how this site is, then nobody is forcing you to be here. Go create your own firearms website and make it the way you want it.

Im done in this thread, Im going to go enjoy the rest of this great site and stop wasting my time. Have fun!

I dont see how this is so difficult. Penguin, if you dont like how this site is, then nobody is forcing you to be here. Go create your own firearms website and make it the way you want it.

Im done in this thread, Im going to go enjoy the rest of this great site and stop wasting my time. Have fun!
I think the whole point of this thread was to ask how the forum can start to thrive again by having more people get involved in the discussion.

People that cannot understand that and see the whole thing as a pissing match between themselves and other members and try to run roughshod over them with verbal insults and barrages are one of the big problems this board faces. Some offenders have been mentioned to me by name more than once by others as a prime example of why they do not want to be involved here. Unfortunately the same "people" see nothing wrong and will probably never see how poorly this board is fairing...as long as they get to continue to be cowardly little internet bullies.

I came here to escape the pissing matches and the internet bullies of other gun forums. I can read negativity, conspiracies, political views, and shoutdowns at other places. I am hoping that this will be a good place to gain and share information about firearms, shooting, and other related tactics along with just plain old general conversation about nothing in particular. I checkout the classifieds but being a little short of cash at this time and that I have had most any gun I really wanted, it is really about just looking. There is no real way to IMO to control those that come to buy or sell, we can just hope that they start to look at the different threads and begin to join in the discussions.

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

I did'nt say it Ronald Reagan did.

I've been with the form for a while now. when I started it was just a few hundred people with a goal and a love for the hobby. Now the site is booming with members so naturally not all of them will be top not people. I think we can improve the site by having shoots often. Not just talk of one every year that may or may not happen. A clean up day here and there would be nice. Joey I think you need to step up and do the things that were discussed so much when I first joined. I have yet to see many things happened and it kinda ruins the purpose of the site other than classifieds and a little discussion. Also Joey, if you could finally complete the T shirts that would be awesome. I and many other members were excited to wear those and I think it would be a nice way to add to the site. I know that I have started to use the site less and less because gun prices and ammo prices/ availability have kinda turned me off from the hobby as a full time addiction. I now only shoot a little and spend time doing other things until the industry is stable enough I dont have to worry about finding ammo two months before I need it. But there is nothing you can do to stop that so devote some more time to the forum for the reasons you started it. The core groop of members will support you. I know I will

Well, I can say that Joey and his mods have been stricter on some than others in the past and that their interpretation of the rules varies according to person. I understand that they are kings of their fifedom and they have that privilege. One of the admins is one of the biggest WTS poster here. That's also ok. These are all at the prerogative of Joey and I have no problems with that. It shouldn't, however, surprise them when people complain about their site.

I am surprised that Joey is surprised. He wanted all of these people without any vetting process. I understood this site was for like minded people talking about the sport/gun use and hobby of shooting. Its turned into Joeyslist. He has no focus now on the site nor people who care about it. I find myself in that group now, as Joey was not able to keep the focus here long enough to get it steered in the right direction.

I come back fairly often though, looking for a deal I guess.

If you want to fix the site, mandate minimum posts per month outside of WTS posts. That will weed out the garage sale posters. Make banning done my vote- majority rule. To ban someone, lay out the FACTS of the case and put it up for a vote to the general membership. Propose ban not only for TOS violations but also for WTS post violations. Make admin answerable to general membership just like other members.

Since the discussion forums and the classified ads are separate links, I fail to see a problem. It isn't like television, you don't have to watch (read) the advertisements if you don't want to. If one isn't interested in buying, selling and trading or someone else doesn't care to read discussions, well to each his/her own. Personally I think the classifieds serve a very important function. We still have the right to do face to face trades and sales and exercising that right is essential because "use it or lose it."

Alot of people come to the forum and ckick new posts. Anything that has a new post since your last visit will come up. Usually hundreds of classifieds if you dont come to the forum often. It gets old weeding through to find actuall discussion.
IDEA!!!! JOEY COULD YOU MAKE IT SO THAT WHEN CLICKING NEW POSTS IT EXCLUDES CLASSIFIED POSTS? I think that would help some of us out.

So I read through this whole thread and I have something to say, it's very simple so consider it spelled out for you. Ready, here it is:

If you want this site to perform the goal of expanding the efforts of supporting gun rights then you need ban the prevalence of divisive political ideology. The fact of the matter is that if the so-called Right doesn't get together with the so-called Left and everyone agree that gun rights are essential, then we're all screwed.

I say 'so-called' because it's clear that both Bush and Obama, arguably representative of the so-called Right and Left respectively, each have indicated through their actions that they would prefer the people to be without weapons. Period. If you are arguing this point, then you are absolutely making the struggle for gun rights geometrically more difficult simply by playing into the ridiculous dogma.

If your goal is to have another nice and tidy internet experience, well we're all a little late because there are sites where you can get literally anything you want. The value of this site is always and intentionally going to be marginalized as local.

Treemanx and Playboy Penguin, while obviously in opposition can both agree on gun rights. Correct? Then drop the argumentation and start putting your efforts into getting more people interested in guns, buying guns and getting their heads straight about the actual importance of the 2nd amendment. If you wish rather to argue about something, then you should probably go to a site where you can swear and just get it all off your chests.

So, you want more people discussing guns in the forum? Then invite people who don't know about guns but are interested to engage with those people who do know about guns and are smart enough to see that by talking to them they are in fact working to ensure that a majority of the populace upholds the rights granted by the Constitution.

As was pointed out, there are some major storms on the horizon and I think that the adult thing to do is get yourself squared away to join the hard work of securing gun rights. The rest of it is just commerce, which we really aren't going to control anyway.

Over and out.

Emphasize the expansion of our pro-gun numbers, and make all else secondary. Classifieds should maybe be restricted to the proven-to-be-enlightened. Maybe those that find the site worth supporting. The minimum contribution isn't much, but might turn the merely profit-minded elsewhere.

I personally see no MAJOR problem. Sure the site could use more discussion. One way to help that is have mods/admins start interesting threads. Make it a goal for each of them to start two stimulating threads per day.
And yes there do seem to be LOTS of right-wingers here..i can see where 'pink lady' types would feel uncomfortable as playboy said.
Personally i am a Libertarian so don't fall in the left or right camp, and so i often am in the minority in a lot of discussions. Which can be uncomfortable. But such is life. Long as the mods treat both sides fairly (or in my case all 3 sides) i am cool with it.
Anyways, i think it is a great site, and enjoy both classifieds and non-classified sections here.

I think the site is fine overall. If you want to get more people excited about fighting for their 2nd Amendment rights - quite frankly there need to be more direct links to things people can actually do - both online and offline - to advance that cause. Encourage everyone to join the NRA, GOA, OFF, (others) and become active. AR15.com actively endorses people for the NRA board. The thing is we can't just "talk about it," and we certainly can't just "talk about it" online... What we say here has to lead to action.

That being said - I've made scads of great local contacts through this board. I think we should have a stronger presence at the Portland Gun Show. Next time I have a table I'd be proud to share info on the site and have a placard stating membership up front...

I guess the site powers have decided that the classifieds are no longer relevant.?? Changing the fact that they don't ever hit the front page will caused some of us to ignore the home page. Before I thought it was a good mix of classifieds, forum discussion and a mixture of both. I miss seeing whatever was new scrolling down the home page as it was posted, be it an ad or otherwise.

The change made is ....OK but hasn't enhanced the site for my purposes. I was about down the middle between the classifieds and the forum chat but that has now been altered.

I liked it the other way!

LOL :s0154:

T_H

I agree with the devil dog above. The classifieds are a huge draw. If the information links are lacking, perhaps the site has become more for reference reading than posting. Theres lots of great reviews of the latest handguns from actual owners. I rely on this information prior to purchasing. I think everyone here can say they have found the information on this site very useful. I know Ive learned a thing or two. Despite my not starting many threads or participating. I still will search for information and usually find the answer, or a part, or link to whatever it is I seek.
Seems like a sucessful site. Less than a year old, over 3000 members? I must be missing something.
The classifieds drew likely 80 percent of us here. Lets not dismiss the value of that.
Dave

I guess the site powers have decided that the classifieds are no longer relevant.?? Changing the fact that they don't ever hit the front page will caused some of us to ignore the home page. Before I thought it was a good mix of classifieds, forum discussion and a mixture of both. I miss seeing whatever was new scrolling down the home page as it was posted, be it an ad or otherwise.

The change made is ....OK but hasn't enhanced the site for my purposes. I was about down the middle between the classifieds and the forum chat but that has now been altered.

I liked it the other way!

LOL :s0154:

T_H

We did that to promote discussions first and foremost. However, if you click the New Posts link up above it'll show you exactly what used to be on the first page (mix of classifieds and discussion).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top