JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1709614920982.png
This is a guide for a right handed shooter so mirror image for a lefty. Right handed people commonly shoot low left

I shoot lefty and my common miss is low right. Help me out here.
What you are describing is extremely common, for right-handers the miss is low left. There are many YouTube videos or articles available to read about it... Basically, your mind is anticipating the recoil about to occur when the pistol fires and your hands force the muzzle downwards a split second before you pull the trigger.

Dry fire practice is the answer, especially if you've got something to give you feedback, I really like the MantisX system. Just dusted mine off to get back in the groove for the season, really helps pin point the problem areas, and knock off the winter's rust. If you don't want to buy new equipment, either get a shooting buddy to watch you, or take video of yourself. Both work with dry fire, although I suspect they're a little more effective with live fire. Nice thing about something like the MantisX is that you start seeing the bad "shots" before checking the data. Did I mention I really like my MantisX 😉? Later.

Dave

With the limited info provided... you could start with your eyes and work your way to the sights.
ui_eyes.png
Stance: Head, Neck, Shoulders, Elbows, Wrists, Type of Grip... there are many videos for all of this.

Then Hold...verify that you have the proper hold for your sight heights....or change your sights to fit the type of hold that you want to use.

1709614538538.png
1709614601874.png
Hope this helps.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show