JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So because I dont agree with what Penguin is saying, now Im not willing to accept "constructive criticism" of this board?

Exactly! Its NOT about you its about the board. "Manly contests" are not required. Sometime in the future, you too, might want to offer some "constructive criticism" without having to unzip your fly.

Exactly! Its NOT about you its about the board. "Manly contests" are not required. Sometime in the future, you too, might want to offer some "constructive criticism" without having to unzip your fly.

:s0112:OK dude, thanks for your opinion. Isnt it your nap time or something? The adults are talking here.

Maybe I could have defined that a little better. It's just my stupid little opinion, but I happen to believe our political "leaders" are grabbing too much freedom from us, and I see the day when a government out of control starts stepping on my toes a little too hard.

Gun control laws, deprivation of privacy, taxing us into poverty, regulation driving honest business people out of business.

Sorry if I offended your liberal sensibilities. I thought all opinions were welcome in an open forum.
I completely agree. That very thing ran rampant in the previous administration and I have no reason yet to believe it will be all that different in the current one.

The reason I asked for clarification is the wording you chose was pretty much verbatim to the words people use to express how their "white, christian, heterosexual" lifestyles are being threatened by modern society. That very thing is something this board is suffering a bit from in the eyes of some people. It helps to make sure people do not make that error.

I completely agree. That very thing ran rampant in the previous administration and I have no reason yet to believe it will be all that different in the current one.

The reason I asked for clarification is the wording you chose was pretty much verbatim to the words people use to express how their "white, christian, heterosexual" lifestyles are being threatened. That very thing is something this board is suffering a bit from in the eyes of some people. It helps to make sure people do not make that error.

OK, dont we think this is getting a little off topic here? Theres no need for being rude here, and the thread is supposed to be for addressing the issues some members have with the forum. Until this gets back on track, Im out.

OK, dont we think this is getting a little off topic here? Theres no need for being rude here, and the thread is supposed to be for addressing the issues some members have with the forum. Until this gets back on track, Im out.
When people do not want to frequent this forum because they see it as "OregonChristianSoldiers.com" this discussion is very much on topic. Unless you think that is the proper perception. If that is the intent of the site why be covert about it? If this is a sight for conservative christian gun owners say so. If not except the fact that many see it that way and try to rectify the situation.

...or a small minority can refuse to see the problems because the way things are now (or the way things appear to be) fit into their own personal preferences and try to let things stay the same and accept the fact that things might not improve.

I think this board is terrific. Yes, people get their feelings hurt sometimes, but when you think about the diversity of age, income, education, work experience, firearm experience, military or lack thereof experience, and just plain living experience there are bound to be misunderstandings. Most of them are probably not intentional. Everyone reads and posts through his or her own "filter" that may be quite different from those who read and interpret it through their own "filter". I learn from much of what I read on this board even though I'm one of the "old guys" who sometimes gets irritated by some of the things people 1/4 my age write :) I also think the opporutnity to buy and sell is a valuable part of this board. Toughen up your skins a little and enjoy what other people think and do. Joey, you have a winner with this board and 99.99% of the people who use it. And you young folks keep writing so I have something to be grumpy about :)

The reason I asked for clarification is the wording you chose was pretty much verbatim to the words people use to express how their "white, christian, heterosexual" lifestyles are being threatened by modern society. That very thing is something this board is suffering a bit from in the eyes of some people. It helps to make sure people do not make that error.

Fair enough. Most of my gay black Jewish friends would have a chuckle at that:D
I'm not a hater, or a bigot, I'm a constitutional conservative. Thus the "traditional".

When people do not want to frequent this forum because they see it as "OregonChristianSoldiers.com" this discussion is very much on topic. Unless you think that is the proper perception.

Well, the only reason I can think of that would make them feel that way, is that likely the majority of the people who come here to NWFA are right of center? It isnt because Joey restricts profanity. If you think there should be a "liberals only" gun site, then go start one!

Well, the only reason I can think of that would make them feel that way, is that likely the majority of the people who come here to NWFA are right of center? It isnt because Joey restricts profanity. If you think there should be a "liberals only" gun site, then go start one!
Wow, miss the point much?

This is just another example of blaming others for the problems without addressing the issues. If anyone has a problem with this site it must surely be there problem and not the fault of the site. That whole argument very quickly falls apart when you consider the reality of how things are progressing.

Well then, in as simple of terms as possible, describe what your problems are here. So far all I have gotten is that you dont like a few of the rules here regarding profanity, but it sounds like something more happend that most people arent aware of.

Then you bring up "white, christian, hetrosexual" values against Monkeyman, as though he had personally attacked you. Then your upset about the Pink Pistols who think the site is full of rascist bigots apparently. Define your problems here in one post penguin, so they are clear.

Then you bring up "white, christian, hetrosexual" values against Monkeyman, as though he had personally attacked you.
Asking for clarification is accusing someone of attacking? You perceptions are beyond me. Monkeyman did not seem to have any problem understanding that he could have been more specific.

Just what is it about you that you cannot see a conversation between two other people and not try and turn it into a pissing contest with you?

Fair enough. There is a saying that goes something like this: "Dont wrestle in the mud with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig loves it." I think that applies here. Later.

BTW Penguin, dont forget to check out Joeys new site called NorthwestConservative.com! You'll love it!

No seriously, Im willing to just agree to disagree. No hard feelings from me. Later.

You didn't ask a question that needs answering. I have made myself quite clear and you continue to miss the point. No one else is having the same comprehension problems you seem to be having.

No sir i believe its you thats having the comprehension problems

you keep missing the simple point this is a family friendly sight

not a God fearing sight

you appear to be fearing God more than anyone

that makes you a God fearing Atheist

but here is some good news most God fearing Atheist become Born again Christians

However i will agree with you on the rules needing to be drawn out better so people know when they can let one rip without clearing the room and and when they do cross the the line should get friendly reminders not warnings that this is a family friendly sight unless they do something really bad.

if your looking for p o r n or crude language and rude mean spirited people there are plenty of sights for that. Check out the CL forum that would be a good place for you prove that not all gun toters are conservatives and take the battle to the field.

I originally came to this site because a buddy suggested it's excellent classified section.
I don't think the classified section is a negative but a very positive part of the site.
As I have become more comfortable here I have taken part in other threads and intend to continue to be active here.
I am sure my story is not unique. There are probably many here who came in the first place because of the classified.
This is a great site. I wouldnt change a thing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top