JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I first heard about this my first thought was that he has the right to refuse service to anyone he sees fit. I still feel that way. Now that I'm seeing some of his statements I'm much less impressed with his decision. Awfully generous of him to "compromise" our rights away on our behalf.

And he thinks that a "cross your heart" "pinky promise" is going to work with the JERKS that run this state?

The "leaders" will TAKE what he is now doing and they will enact the laws anyway.

He is delusional, or has lost his ever loving mind....... :confused:

To me this is just like a business who puts up a sign saying no guns. That's fine with me it's their business to run as they see fit. They have said they do not want my money. This guy is the same to me. He is saying he does not want my business. It is his business to run as he sees fit.

And he thinks that a "cross your heart" "pinky promise" is going to work with the JERKS that run this state?

The "leaders" will TAKE what he is now doing and they will enact the laws anyway.

Perfectly stated. Olympia and Salem do what they want whether we "compromise" or not.

To me this is just like a business who puts up a sign saying no guns. That's fine with me it's their business to run as they see fit. They have said they do not want my money. This guy is the same to me. He is saying he does not want my business. It is his business to run as he sees fit.

This is very true, and I am sure a lot of people agree. The problem is, he is trying to make a deal with the devils that run this state, on our behalf.

I wonder how the gun crime rate compares between 18-21 yo with legally purchased firearms and the same group with illegally acquired firearms and the over 21 groups?

Statistically speaking, it can't be much of a problem.

The antis have become emboldened in recent years and have clearly stated what they want, an Aussie style semi auto ban. They will laugh as they look at this guys "compromise" in the rear view mirror.

I say both...............

The anti's will promise, then decide that it isn't "common sense" enough and we should "compromise" more, for the good of "the children".

anti's.jpg

It's possible that the anti-gun mindset has rubbed off on him, as he admits

Jason Cazes said:
I've been here in the liberal bubble in the last 15 years.....
Bellevue gun shop owner urges changes to AR-15 sales here after Florida shooting

Ray

This gun shop owner decided it was his age was the problem. Why? Have we seen a high percentage of under 21 year old's take pictures of dead animals, get expelled from 3 schools, have 37 visits from their local LEO's then publicly state they wanted to shoot up a school?

This is neither a gun nor age issue.

@LowPriceGuns How's that strategy of cheesing off soon-to-be-lost-customers in order to suck up to people who want you out of business and who welsh on promises with all the thought of BREATHING workin' out for ya?

Gun store owners negotiating with Dems is like a Jew trying to negotiate Hitler out of teeing up the Holocaust.

There seems to be a lot of emphasis on the words "middle" and "compromise." Neither should be applicable with important issues like: public safety, the safety of children, or constitutional rights.

If you take out the negation element the question becomes should an 18-year old be banned from owning a firearm? Anyone over 18 knows that anyone under 18 tends to have less emotional and intellectual maturity.

What I have a problem with is saying that an 18-year old is mature enough to kill and be killed for our country, and yes vote too; but they cannot purchase a firearm. Either we believe as a society that 18-year olds can make sound decisions and enter in to contracts or we believe they cannot.

I wonder how the gun crime rate compares between 18-21 yo with legally purchased firearms and the same group with illegally acquired firearms and the over 21 groups?

Good question. If I had to take a wild guess, there wouldn't be many. According to the FBI stats, homicides committed by people with rifles is floating around 300-ish a year and shotguns a tad more. As I understand the data, that is all rifles and all shotguns, of any type, used by perpetrators in every age bracket, and acquired through any means.

That is compared to, murders committed with knives which are closer to 2,000 a year, blunt objects 500-600 a year, and human body parts (e.g., hands, feet, etc.) around the 800 zone.

I imagine everyone has heard the mother of one of the murdered Florida kids hysterically imploring Trump to do something... Even in her grief, she makes better points that almost anyone else: provide security for schools. She suggests metal detectors and armed guards.

On the other hand, the students are calling out NRA points of argument and saying "B.S.!" Giving them some leeway—with obviously little or no knowledge of logic, history or the Constitution—it's still disturbing to hear them try to refute facts. "They say cars kill more people than guns. We say [pause for the crowd to respond in sync] B.S.!" Unfortunately, that lack of respect for proven facts, ignorance of the reason why the Second Amendment was adopted, and illogical rhetoric runs rampant among the anti-gunners. There is no compromising with them; there's no compromise they would find acceptable.

I don't know this forum inside and out. Has anyone posed the question: what will YOU do when they come for your guns? Will we be able to come together as our nation's forefathers did, and refuse—knowing we'll have to use the guns to kill people sworn to uphold the law, to keep them? Along with every right comes responsibility. If we want to preserve our right to own guns in order to protect all of our God-given rights, can we—will we—step up?

This gunstore owner was on the radio today with a afternoon talk show heard up here in the Northwest. He was informed that he was in fact discriminating because of the "thou shalt not discriminate" and age is one of them. It is legal for an 18 year old to buy a long gun in the state of Washington, period. To deny the sale, based on the age of the individual is discrimination which is prohibited BY LAW. Same as a baker not baking a cake for certain individuals just because their life style is different. I foresee some 18 year old with a Dad who has the wherewithal hauling this guy off to court.

This gunstore owner was on the radio today with a afternoon talk show heard up here in the Northwest. He was informed that he was in fact discriminating because of the "thou shalt not discriminate" and age is one of them. It is legal for an 18 year old to buy a long gun in the state of Washington, period. To deny the sale, based on the age of the individual is discrimination which is prohibited BY LAW. Same as a baker not baking a cake for certain individuals just because their life style is different. I foresee some 18 year old with a Dad who has the wherewithal hauling this guy off to court.
But would he sell matching ARs to a gay couple as wedding gifts? That would make the democrats heads explode...

Guns bad... supporting gay marriage good... does not compute... does not compute...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top