JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

whats this nonsense... is this a Washington state thing? What difference does it make what kind of background check you have to do?
quote from the link....
"They are not emotionally mature enough to handle it, they have to be 21 to get an AR-15, I am sorry," Cazes said.

Cazes also says the background check to get a handgun is more rigorous than to purchase a long gun.

For a handgun, you have to fill out two forms to undergo an FBI check and a state background check but long guns you only need to fill out the federal form to pass the FBI check. Customers who pass can then walk away with a long gun in one day. Because of the extra state background check on handguns, people without a permit end up waiting up to 10 days sometimes to get the handgun.

WA state does do a different BG check than OR. They also have a waiting period if you don't have a WA CPL.

WA state does do a different BG check than OR. They also have a waiting period if you don't have a WA CPL.
how is the background check different? Your either a prohibited person or not!

(The waiting period is moot)

It's two checks. Watch the video.
"what the state does is they go and further check state records..."

You mean to tell me that state records are not coming up on the federal background check? Seriously?
(not yelling at you.... I promise)

the problem here is the background check system is broken. Not meeting in the middle which is really more gun laws that aren't fixing the problem. Go ahead and raise the age to 21 for rifles too, then you wont have to check the state records which has the info you need. lol...

I he wants to limit his sales, great. I think Cabelas only sells guns to 21 and up. I overheard part of a conversation. I can't swear to that.

Also, if we're going to have a background system it needs to be a thorough one. I don't want maniacs running around with guns either. So far at the minimum San Bernardino, Texas church and Florida could probably have been avoided had government done what they promise. Take our money and do their jobs. Hold government workers accountable.

Often when you meet someone in the middle of a issue , no one is happy with the result.
Many times it also seems that only one side is asked to give up something , only to be asked to give up another thing at different date.

We already have various background checks , laws and regulations regarding the sale and ownership of firearms...how 'bout we go over all of them to see what is actually doing what it promised to do and get rid of all the others that are not helping?....
Along with that ...How about having people actually carry out their jobs , do the checks , enforcing of the laws and regulations already in place ?....
Andy

Meeting in the middle is the leftist way of saying I demand $100 but will compromise and only make you pay $50

The next time around that $50 is the starting point

Last Edited:
all he would have to do is run his states background check himself for under 21 rifle sales. Maybe get the know the customer a little too, ask him questions create a little dialog... see if somethings off. He isn't required to sell to anyone.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top