JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stick it on a dusty shelf in an obscure museum. Those who seek to forget history are doomed to repeat it. The flamboyance of the third reich officials while their war torn nation was being ripped apart.
There are lessons to be learned from that piece of history, but sadly, it's provenance dictates that it can no longer be enjoyed as a fine example of the gunmakers art.
So treat it as what it is, a reminder to never let people like its former owner and his boss take root ever again.

Stick it on a dusty shelf in an obscure museum. Those who seek to forget history are doomed to repeat it. The flamboyance of the third reich officials while their war torn nation was being ripped apart.
There are lessons to be learned from that piece of history, but sadly, it's provenance dictates that it can no longer be enjoyed as a fine example of the gunmakers art.
So treat it as what it is, a reminder to never let people like its former owner and his boss take root ever again.

My mind's eye is seeing gold fillings and crowns melting down in a crucible. I don't think the mass executions of the Jews began until around 1940, and of the 16k+ people murdered when the Nazis conquered Poland in 1939, there were about 5k Jews.

The gun needs to be placed in a museum as witness to all.

I fear they're already rooted in and spreading like Himalayan blackberries... :(

Goerring was just an opportunist and was the least Nazified of any of the upper level Nazis. If it was that scumbag Goebbels or Himmlers gun I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole but Goerring did his best to personally deplete the German treasury. Id own that gun.

I saw General Patton's M1 Garand at the OAC show! It had his initial "P", in a circle, just behind the trigger guard on the grip. Woulda' bought it but couldn't afford it. ;)

Well, folks I actually DO have Piet Huijsen's Mauser carbine, because it has his name on it.

upload_2016-8-19_18-42-6.png

AND I've traced his early history, right up until he handed it over, and disappeared into oblivion on May 10th 1901.

He's a nobody in the great scheme of things - a diamond washer caught up in the war between Great Britain and the Boer settlers in Southern Africa. He was no doubt important to somebody - who it was is not known - but he did his bit fighting for what he thought was right and just.

I get a great feeling of history as I shoulder that lovely old carbine, reminding me that twenty years later, my own father was shooting at British soldiers, too.

upload_2016-8-19_18-42-51.png

tac

Its funny how value or perceived value can be placed on a gun thru a war story.

I know a guy who likes blackpowder rifles and was in a LRSD Unit during Desert Shield / Storm.
During his time there his detachment captured a warehouse full of guns and munitions.
A Soviet SKS "followed him home" so to speak ( No asking for details please LOL )

After he got home , he went to a gun show to sell the SKS.
This was in the days of $99.00 Soviet SKS's.
Feeling downright discouraged he went to leave with said rifle.

As he left the following conversation took place:
"What do you have there? asks the dealer.
"A SKS , Just like the six you have on your table" Says our heroic former Ranger.
"What's that tag on the trigger guard?" asks our sly dealer.
"A capture tag." says our modest trooper.
"A capture tag?!! Who did ya get it off of? " Asks our bloodthristy dealer friend.
"Nobody , thats gross. I took it off the warehouse wall about 03.00 and scared the crap out of someone else doing the same thing." Says our story telling owner of the now super cool rifle.
"How much do you want for it?" asks the wise dealer.
"$300" says our hopefully soon to be richer rifle souvenir getter.
"Sold , as long as I get the tag." Says our soon to be far more cooler, made up war story enhanced rifle dealer / owner.
So I guess in some cases buy the gun, not the story ... LOL
Andy

Last Edited:
Its funny how value or perceived value can be placed on a gun thru a war story.

I know a guy who likes blackpowder rifles and was in a LRSD Unit during Desert Shield / Storm.
During his time there his detachment captured a warehouse full of guns and munitions.
A Soviet SKS "followed him home" so to speak ( No asking for details please LOL )

After he got home , he went to a gun show to sell the SKS.
This was in the days of $99.00 Soviet SKS's.
Feeling downright discouraged he went to leave with said rifle.

As he left the following conversation took place:
"What do you have there? asks the dealer.
"A SKS , Just like the six you have on your table" Says our heroic former Ranger.
"What's that tag on the trigger guard?" asks our sly dealer.
"A capture tag." says our modest trooper.
"A capture tag?!! Who did ya get it off of? " Asks our bloodthristy dealer friend.
"Nobody , thats gross. I took it off the warehouse wall about 03.00 and scared the crap out of someone else doing the same thing." Says our story telling owner of the now super cool rifle.
"How much do you want for it?" asks the wise dealer.
"$300" says our hopefully soon to be richer rifle souvenir getter.
"Sold , as long as I get the tag." Says our soon to be far more cooler, made up war story enhanced rifle dealer / owner.
So I guess in some cases by the gun, not the story ... LOL
Andy

Want pizzed off?

Just try to tell a guy his gun story is BS.:rolleyes:

I sold mine a few years ago. It was also East German DDR marked.

Hey. There not my thing? :s0092:

View attachment 308881 View attachment 308882

I wish I had kept all the guns I brought back from Germany without importer marks. I still have the P38 but sold the CZ's, Mosin Nagants and Lugers for a quick buck when I got out of the Army. My money went to beer and guns. Those $200 Lugers were too good to pass up. My $130 P-38 still runs like a champ.

I wish I had kept all the guns I brought back from Germany without importer marks. I still have the P38 but sold the CZ's, Mosin Nagants and Lugers for a quick buck when I got out of the Army. My money went to beer and guns. Those $200 Lugers were too good to pass up. My $130 P-38 still runs like a champ.

I had more than three years in Germany but buy guns. ;)

I remember folks buying CZ-75's and bringing them home also.
Hey. They couldn't get them here.

However this perticular SKS was given to me.
People are always giving me there crappy guns! :s0140:

I had more than three years in Germany but buy guns. ;)

I remember folks buying CZ-75's and bringing them home also.
Hey. They couldn't get them here.

However this perticular SKS was given to me.
People are always giving me there crappy guns! :s0140:

Yep. Paid $450 for a CZ-75 in Darmstadt and rolled it over for $1100 once I got back. I got transferred to a unit up in Friedburg just before I got out . The Unit commander thought I was nuts when he was going over my paperwork and got to my weapons cards.

Had a commander in Darmstadt that didnt want Privately Owned Weapons in his arms room so he let us keep them in our wall lockers. That wasnt the best idea. I do miss those $80 Walther PP's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top