JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I inherited this ol thing from my late brother and it just sat gathering dust until my friend who loves anything black powder said "we gotta shoot that !" when he saw it.

it's 50 caliber/350 grain slug propelled by 35 ish grains of black powder.
..the powder is ignited by the flame from a perc cap traveling thru a channel and thru a pin hole in the back of the cartridge case. It's quite a set up for it's time.

The wide flange on the brass case has 2 functions..easy to grasp to remove the empty round, and as a gas seal, a job it does quite well at .
...a third use is to allow the shooter to load the piece from the muzzle should the need ever arise.

To say that we both had huge grins after shooting it. ... well, yea..we did ! youtube link to a short video .

one last thing, to seat the bullets we tapped them in with a claw hammer,the case has a ridge inside to stop it,that part just cracked me up when I saw several shooters onYoutube do that !!!

2023-03-03 (4).png Maynard brass.JPG maynard 1.JPG maynard 4.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top