JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...Rock Island Auctions don't have it but they do have Hermann Goering's PPK. It's expected to go in excess of $250K Historic Hermann Goering Presentation Walther Factory Engraved and Gold Plated PPK Semi-Automatic Pistol with Carved Grips, Personalized Ring and Cuff Links
BCX216-Z-F3-H.jpg

It is a work of art, but given its provenance it should be destroyed like the POS it was made for.

I disagree. It is just an object and carries none of the evil of its owner, but should be preserved as an important reminder of the evil mankind is capable of, lest we forget.

Or chuck it in a vat of molten steel. It's fugly anyway;)

I disagree. It is just an object and carries none of the evil of its owner, but should be preserved as an important reminder of the evil mankind is capable of, lest we forget.

Or chuck it in a vat of molten steel. It's fugly anyway;)

Why preserve it as a reminder? We have the progressive political apparatus to remind us of the Nazi regime of times past... for those of us who can be bothered to read about, and remember history. :rolleyes:

:D

Seriously, who in their Reich mind would want to own that?

Jew_Killings_in_Ivangorod_(1942).jpg
No thanks.

Last Edited:
Ever read Albert Speer's "inside the Third Reich"? Hermann Goering and Liberace had some of the same taste it seems in clothes and decor and this PPK of his proves it. Yech!

Supposedly Hitler was annoyed by Goering's flamboyance. I wonder if Liberace and Goering had other things in common?

As for keeping historical relics from evil regimes? Why not? These objects don't hold any power.
I even look forward to a time when all those Obama posters are just relics in a museum someday!

I get destroying it, but I also get it as an object/museum piece to remind us what monsters the NAZIs were. Which is why I get PO'd when people call conservatives "NAZIs"...there is no bloody comparison.

Now, the political tactics of the liberals are very NAZI like in their virulent hatred and attacks on those that disagree with them. Also their violent protesters who are out to intimidate anyone disagreeing with their message. Not many people are aware of how the NAZIs fought the communists and anybody else in the streets of Germany as Hitler worked to gain power.

Goering was a dirty thug. I wonder what changed him from the dashing WWI fighter ace he was as a young man? The pursuit of power.....

Brutus Out

Got nothin' nazi, me, but I once owned George Washington's personal pair of all-matching P08 Lugers, serial #1776a and b. They were not, as you might imagine, profusely engraved like the pistol allegedly the former property of Hitler's Mr Fat and Funny #2, but were very plain. The grips, however, were made from cherrywood from the tree that Mr Washington admitted to chopping down.

I also had Benjamin Franklin's C96 Mauser pistol, the one with the charred grips. Seems he was carrying it when he carried out the famous experiment of kite-flying in a thunder storm.

tac

Neither of those two fine ladies [both blondes, you'll note]. Nope, I bought them both from a disabled sailor over here in yUK. Down on his luck only on arm and one eye, he said he needed the money to repair his old boat...

HMS-Victory.jpg

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews