JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at the million dead heroes is not considering the point of view from the people up top. Their point of view gazes on the money they made from the industrial contracts.
If there are any wealthy American industrialists from the 1940s posting here maybe they can weigh in on Hitler. I know WWII was not a great thing for the British Empire. Not all people "up top" did well.

Politics and economics are a cynical business, I'd much rather stick to small arms and the everyman. If you guys want to have professorial conversations about the Paris Conference, the gold standard and the stock market crash, colonialism, the failure of the League of Nations, and political splintering in Western Europe we can start a new thread. Seems like there are enough members who are knowledgeable and interested.

Here's an interesting video covering the impact of the STG-44 on battlefield tactics and unit organization in the German Army of WW2.

Dont get overly thrilled I understand PSA is relying on those clowns for the guns or parts.
Yeah… I watched a few more videos from SHOT and it looks like they are using the exact design from HM Gunworks and that they are essentially taking over the exact project they were working on. Looks like MSRP is going to be a bit higher at around $2K. Ouch. This is definitely looking like a wait and see kind of buy. Who knows if it'll actually come out later this year.

If theyre only 2K I'll walk down to PSA to buy one. Its 6 miles. Not putting myself out that much, Remember the last set of German clones PTR brought in? I think they sold mid 2K ish originally. Way over 15k now.

It better be in 8mm Kurz !!!

Looks like MSRP is going to be a bit higher at around $2K. Ouch. This is definitely looking like a wait and see kind of buy. Who knows if it'll actually come out later this year.
Don't know why the StG-44 videos from SHOT give me an "airsoft" feeling. I guess we'll wait and see on the final product. There is a small company called D-K Productions that makes an incredible MP38 copy (including waffenamts) for around $4k. I figure a vertically integrated manufacturer the size of PSA could do much better on cost for the same quality.

Back to topic.
When I was at the Allentown Pennsylvania show about 12 years ago, a guy I knew offered me a "hunting rifle " in the stg caliber. Because it was an stg, I declined although I bought the entire case of ammunition. Kept the wooden box and sold almost all the ammunition.

I'm a fan of Adolf's lesser-known brother, Chip Hitler.

Screenshot_20231223_121425_DuckDuckGo-01.jpeg

Here's a little more info on the 5,000 specimens that were discovered in Syria.

The original video of the find:

A summary article explaining how the rifles got to Syria:

There was or is a .22 LR look-alike of the Stg44 made by GSG in Germany. Comes in a wooden, military-looking crate. I bought one some years ago at a gun show, the guy was selling it at an extremely distressed price. This was when we could still do private sales with no nonsense. I thought it might be a kick. It was a toy that I quickly tired of. The .22 action worked but it was fairly cheaply made. It was strictly a novelty; as a sporting .22 is was basically worthless.

Here's a little more info on the 5,000 specimens that were discovered in Syria.

The original video of the find:

A summary article explaining how the rifles got to Syria:

Come on parts kits

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR