JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on Google all morning trying to figure out what these holes in the receiver might be from, with no luck. They are in alignment and someone filled them with solder. This is only my third 03 and my book hasn't come yet, so I'm not tat familiar.

image.jpg image.jpg

Is everything else about the rifle stock? The only time I have seen anything like that is for a mag well filler for a shorter cartage, like 308 or 7.62x39
Possible. It is a SC that someone tapped for a scope mount, but then put on an original R rear sight. It has a custom bolt (turned down for the scope and a matching follower. There was a small shim in the front of the mag well, but far too thin to really take up any space, just looked like it was covering the holes.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Just a guess but I think that shim is flared on the open end to catch the shoulder on a 308, if you have one you could put the shim in the mag well and drop a round in to see if it is the right length

Based on yoir description your rifle is not in original condition. I also beleive the holes are related to a mag well spacer. I do not think the holes effect the rifles feeding. Thw magwell is milled and is much preffered by many over the stamped trigger guard. I would use it,

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks guys. I think I'm going to make up an A4 clone with this one since the receiver is already tapped.
I appreciate the info.
So my guess is that the holes were drilled just to give a place to solder the shim in place (which I have now broken loose...😞), I guess I'll break out the jb weld...😅😅

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top