JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hitler disapproved of the stg and didn't understand the value in the concept. Once it was made and distributed his ego couldn't handle being wrong about it. Let me make the disclaimer I'm not a Hitler fan; but this was a more of a Hitler folley then Hitler's assault rifle.

It's a cool rifle. It's hugo Schmeisser's rifle, a legend in small arms design along garand, John Moses Browning, Eugene stoner, and Mikhail Kalashnikov

PSA has apparently resurrected an STG44 clone (of sorts). I think it's the same tooling as the company that ripped all those people off years ago. This was announced at SHOT show 2023

Hitler disapproved of the stg and didn't understand the value in the concept. Once it was made and distributed his ego couldn't handle being wrong about it. Let me make the disclaimer I'm not a Hitler fan; but this was a more of a Hitler folley then Hitler's assault rifle.
In the years following the beer hall putsch Hitler changed his approach and became a successful political operator, annexing large swaths of Europe without firing a single shot. As a military leader he was completely out of his depth.

FWIW Also not a Hitler fan, or a fan of the National Sozialist ("Nazi") Party.

Why do folks even feel the need to say "not a fan?" Would anyone here assume otherwise?

Back in topic, it shoots an interesting short-fat cartridge, would be cool to see how well it suppresses.

Why do folks even feel the need to say "not a fan?" Would anyone here assume otherwise?
That would be a reasonable assumption, since half a million Americans died in WWII, many of those attempting to liberate Europe.

However we live in a world where accusing people of Nazism is fashionable. I also know that anti-2A organizations often lurk here.

That would be a reasonable assumption, since half a million Americans died in WWII, many of those attempting to liberate Europe.

However we live in a world where accusing people of Nazism is fashionable. I also know that anti-2A organizations often lurk here.
Anti-Second Amendment groups ARE fans of The Austrian Corporal, whether they realise it or not. Gun Control was a big Hitler policy, and for a reason- disarmed folks are much easier to boss around. Makes ya wonder what they got up their sleeves, doesn't it...

Anti-Second Amendment groups ARE fans of The Austrian Corporal, whether they realise it or not. Gun Control was a big Hitler policy, and for a reason- disarmed folks are much easier to boss around. Makes ya wonder what they got up their sleeves, doesn't it...
Yeah, not really. Yeah Hitler was pretty much the ultimate Boogeyman but one of his actual policies was the expansion of gun rights for non minorities in Germany. The Treaty of Versailles had severely curtailed German civilian gun ownership and the Nazi gun laws actually relaxed many of the Weimar policies.

Yeah, not really. Yeah Hitler was pretty much the ultimate Boogeyman but one of his actual policies was the expansion of gun rights for non minorities in Germany. The Treaty of Versailles had severely curtailed German civilian gun ownership and the Nazi gun laws actually relaxed many of the Weimar policies.
No his statements stand. There's no way there won't be a loophole baked in if you're willing fork enough money over. This gun control is just gun control for the "wrong" people. As is you can have MP7s and full auto whatever you want if you pay for the right licensing, get post samples, and charade as a business for military and law enforcement supply. Plenty of people do this, knowing they're never going to turn a profit and pay for itself, they just have enough money to throw at it. Rules for thee.

I got enough tinfoil for an extra hat if you're in need man..

Looking at the million dead heroes is not considering the point of view from the people up top. Their point of view gazes on the money they made from the industrial contracts.

Back in topic, it shoots an interesting short-fat cartridge, would be cool to see how well it suppresses.
There's a cornball group of people called wehraboos. Imagine anime obsessed waifu boys, but they're Hitler fans. I'm not feeling the need to say I'm not a Nazi, but when admiring 40s German engineering, one who dabbles in historical memes must specify they're not wheraboos

Hitler disapproved of the stg and didn't understand the value in the concept.
It is true that Hitler disapproved of development of another rifle. He felt that the K-98 was adequate for the German army's needs.. So during development, the STG was designated as a machine pistol (MP) to conceal its true nature.
Once it was made and distributed his ego couldn't handle being wrong about it.
I don't know where this comes from. I have read that once the developed rifle was demonstrated for him, he embraced the concept enthusiastically. He gave it the name assault rifle which so plagues us to this day.
Anti-Second Amendment groups ARE fans of The Austrian Corporal, whether they realise it or not. Gun Control was a big Hitler policy, and for a reason- disarmed folks are much easier to boss around.
I'm not sure gun control was quite as strict under the Nazis as popular myth would like us to believe. Even Frenchmen were allowed to own shotguns in German occupied France.

I'm not sure gun control was quite as strict under the Nazis as popular myth would like us to believe. Even Frenchmen were allowed to own shotguns in German occupied France.
Yeah, Thats exactly what it is, a myth that really took off in the age of disinformation the internet has brought us. Yes, Jews could not own guns,. That is true but Hitler and the Nazi's did relax most German gun laws. Germans could own pistols, rifles, shotguns , machineguns etc. They could carry pistols concealed wetc.. The post Weimar German gun laws werent terribly different than our Federal gun laws today. Germans are really club oriented people and were then too and they were into Schutzen clubs . Hunting in Germany isnt the same as what we have here and is more of a heavily managed sport in a club setting as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top