JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon has a similar law making it unlawful to posses body armor while committing a felony.

BUT...........................

Really? Are we caring about this? When was the last time you heard about a gunman using a plate carer, with a plate in it?

Does it really matter? Let's suppose he is caught committing a crime one would need armor for, would he walk away after SWAT thought threw their resolve? The answer is no.

Let's suppose he got away with a crime one would need armor for, the original crime is probably significant enough that he should be going away longer than what they do now days anyway.

What is my remedy you ask? PUT PEOPLE AWAY WHO THREATEN OR ACTUALLY KILL AN INDIVIDUAL FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD!

We don't need an additional charge for someone who wishes to commit felonious actions. Felonious actions should just be penalized to a higher extent.

"But the cost is too much!" You say. Well, DOUBLE PLY TOILET PAPER, SALT FOR SEASONING STEAK, COST OF ELECTRICITY OF MINI TV'S Do we really need to pay for this? Provided not all prisons have these but with respect prison is not supposed to be an all expenses paid vacation with mandatory eating, sleeping, and exorcize time. It is a punishment. Inmates should get nothing but a bear essential meals, and books to read. That in it's self would increase the intelligence of the inmates and maybe they wouldn't end back up in prison so often.

The point of prison is to rehabilitate while punishing. Prisons in the US don't do either very well.

Skimming around this 24 page bill, (which includes clothing that can prevent cutting) it starts to become unclear if a weapon necessarily needs to be involved to enhance sentences. There's other seemingly unrelated language and it starts to get really absurd.

If you have a moment skim around the first few pages, then maybe skip to pages 15+ and start reading.

Last week in Spokane, a Veteran with VA denied PTSD wanted suicide by LEO and started out with a vest on. He was trying to remove it when they granted his wish.

Let me be clear I'm not making lite of the situation and I may have an unpopular opinion about suicide: If you are easily offended this is your chance to stop reading.

So, a person in need of medical help who says he wants to be killed needs 15 years added to his sentence when he goes to trial? The correct answer is no. He needs medical help, and not the bubblegumty VA help either. I also think that if someone wants to off themselves they should be able to. It is after all their body, and their life. That being said they don't need to endanger others in the process. In any case I'm not counting this as legitimate instance where
he is caught committing a crime one would need armor for
I don't think his intent was to do anything felonious that would cause others harm. He just wanted to die.

Because they will do ANYTHING (anything) to distract you away from, and not discuss the disaster that is ObamaCare.

right... because it is totally within jurisdiction of the state legislators to discuss a federal issue :) Got any otner conspiracy theories ?

I'm not saying states aren't affected, just saying jurisdiction matters. Lawsuits can be filed
on the federal level, but state legislatures seem to be powerless.

There are plenty of states saying "NO" to Federal rules. By "seeming" to be powerless they get to say "its not my fault" and people believe them. States have the right to say "NO", most just lack the will :(

There are plenty of states saying "NO" to Federal rules. By "seeming" to be powerless they get to say "its not my fault" and people believe them. States have the right to say "NO", most just lack the will :(

So what does that "NO" really mean ? Because it sounds like an easy way to get political score. Kind of like "we can't do bubblegum, but if we could, we would do XYZ". In the end, nothing really gets done and they still get the credit.

right... because it is totally within jurisdiction of the state legislators to discuss a federal issue :) Got any otner conspiracy theories ?

Riiiiight..... Because it's TOTALLY I unfeasible that the progressive-statists that operate within the State level are not in collusion with the progressive-statists at the Federal level.

For instance, they would NEVER attempt to control a person's business finances, or attempt to pass legislation that would in effect cause a business owner to lay-off or reduce hours for "other reasons" besides Obamacare, thereby silencing criticism or facts coming out (publicly) about how Obamacare will (and is) kill(ing) jobs and will (is) reduce(ing) worker's hours... which is the true goal of progressives afterall, because "perception is reality", and "the ends justify the means"... It's called subterfuge.

Here's a (non-conspiracy theory site) link to an interesting article:

<broken link removed>

Here's a few highlights for your enjoyment...

By Steve Benham, KATU.com Staff Feb 10, 2014
SALEM, Ore. – Concerns about colleges and universities cutting faculty hours to avoid paying health benefits under the new federal health care law has prompted state Sen. Michael Dembrow, D-Portland, to introduce legislation to make the practice for all Oregon employers illegal.

This quote right here validates my a conclusions:
"What I'm interested in is stopping them from reducing a person's hours solely in order to keep them from having access to their rights under the Affordable Care Act," Dembrow said, pointing out that he's not interested in making the reduction of hours illegal because of other reasons, such as poor employee performance or other business reasons.

Do you still think State level progressive-statists aren't working in collusion with Federal level progressive-statists on a myriad of things (like gun control, and the elimination of the 2A for us "unwashed serfs") that ultimately lead to "Orwellian control" of our lives?

The self-delusion of their godhood knows no bounds... :rolleyes:

Here's a (non-conspiracy theory site) link to an interesting article:

<broken link removed>

Well, I was kind of looking at it from a different angle originally. Kind of like what can states do to prevent Obamacare from interfering
with the state politics.

While I am prepared to entertain some libertarian ideas regarding businesses, I am wondering if this particular example you've provided
is actually valid. Reason I question that, is the bill seems to deal with the public universities and colleges, which are already in the purview
of the state government. Otherwise, many states have enacted variety of employment standards and laws for decades, Obamacare might
have brought some additional inspiration for the legislators, but certainly it didn't create a new flow in their politics.

I'm interested in the total number of times LEO actually encounter this. Are we going to start regulating the sale of body armor next? Good thing traffic stops are only infractions and not criminal offenses, otherwise you are looking at flat time for something minor. I don't know-- I'm not a huge fan of this.

OK so this will stop bank robbers, school shooters and Terrorists from wearing BA, just like gun control does?
What about the home owner who wakes at 3AM, tosses on his BA and shoots a baddie, will he get extra time for discharging his firearm and become a 3 time convicted felon?
Do you see who this Bill is aimed at?

Bingo! Give that man the prize!!! I think that's /we're exactly who it's aimed at!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top