JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because solving real problems takes leadership, guts, and compromise. And regardless of the outcome, half your constituents won't be happy with the outcome or how you voted and your opponents will use it against you in the next primary. Getting re-elected is what's really important.

OK so this will stop bank robbers, school shooters and Terrorists from wearing BA, just like gun control does?
What about the home owner who wakes at 3AM, tosses on his BA and shoots a baddie, will he get extra time for discharging his firearm and become a 3 time convicted felon?
Do you see who this Bill is aimed at?

I guess we should ask ourselves this, how many people like us in this forum, own body armor?
Because I will go out on a limb and say, this law wasn't passed for issues law enforcement faced before today, but what they will possibly experience in the future.
Read between the lines....

Personally I think it's stupid. Has anyone wearing body armor, and been in a shoot-out with LE, survived? Sure, they've stayed in the fight longer, but they still died. If theywere wearing body armor and weren't in a shoot-out then what was the problem?
So what exactly are they passing this law for?

Commit a serious crime (burglary, assault, rape, ???) while carrying a gun and receive a mandatory 15 years on top of your sentence. Richmond, VA tried it and it worked (they had 10 years as an adder). I'll happily pay more taxes for prisons.

Commit a serious crime (burglary, assault, rape, ???) while carrying a gun and receive a mandatory 15 years on top of your sentence. Richmond, VA tried it and it worked (they had 10 years as an adder). I'll happily pay more taxes for prisons.

So your saying rapists wear Body Armor? WTF OVER?

I'll happily pay more taxes for prisons.

Let's see...

It costs an average of about $47,000 per year to incarcerate an inmate in prison in California.

http://www.lao.ca.gov/PolicyAreas/CJ/6_cj_inmatecost

The fee to cover the average cost of incarceration for Federal inmates in Fiscal Year 2011 was $28,893.40.

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...etermination-of-average-cost-of-incarceration

And about Washington State

IN FISCAL YEAR 2010, the Washington Department of Corrections (DOC) had
$684.6 million in prison expenditures. However, the state also had $115 million
in prison-related costs outside the department’s budget. The total cost of
Washington’s prisons—to incarcerate an average daily population of 17,050—
was therefore $799.6 million, of which 14.4 percent were costs outside the
corrections budget.

$46,897
Average annual cost
per inmate

<broken link removed>

Actually this source has data on many other states as well. Bottom line - be careful what you wish for.

Yeah, now it's only a hate crime when whites commit them against minorities.

Soon, white males are going to have to push for re-affirmative action to ensure employers aren't JUST hiring minorities and women...

That's the thing with the American society - it can never go only as far as actually necessary to correct its mistakes. Perhaps the reason
for that is the enormous inertia that develops when the moral standards get changed... dunno

That's the thing with the American society - it can never go only as far as actually necessary to correct its mistakes. Perhaps the reason
for that is the enormous inertia that develops when the moral standards get changed... dunno

I think the pendulum just swings too far (left or right and never settles in the center). Everyone reacts emotionally to a situation instead of logically.

Newton Massacre? "Save the children! Take the guns!"
9-11-01? "The terrorists are coming, the terrorists are coming!"

We're constantly told that we're not supposed to judge the actions of a few Muslims and hold it against all of them yet gun owners are treated like a potential criminal everyday.

Reading it- if I wear body armor, drink and drive then injure someone I can get a lot of time in prison.

If the offender or an accomplice was wearing body armor at the time of the offense, all firearm enhancements under this subsection shall be twice the amount of the enhancement listed

Vehicular assault, when caused by the operation or driving of a vehicle by a person while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug or by the operation or driving of a vehicle in a reckless manner

As previously mentioned...how about instead of focussing on the improbable dude wearing armor, getting drunk and driving into a school playground- we attack that budget deficit I hear is short every freeking fiscal year?

Just Saying...

Let's also recall what we did to natives, blacks and women... how times have changed indeed!
.. Just as every imperialistic civilization did to each other..
Just as the natives did to themselves on a daily basis as did the Africans..
That defense doesnt hold weight.

Get outta here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class