JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No reasonable person should oppose SB 978

I must be unreasonable?

Edit: Fellow unreasonables, we are not getting a fair shake with most of the media, that is clearly the case here with Newport Times. The author maligned our March 23rd rally insinuating it was all paid for by Radian. The fact is they donated product which we purchased and they used those proceeds to help cover expenses so Oregonians from outer regions of the State could attend. Individuals also donated around 15k directly through the gofundme.

When the media publishes articles that misrepresent legislation or our cause, we need to call them out on it. Please write the Newport Times and let them know we don't appreciate them publishing this misinformation and offer facts to back up your claims.

Last Edited:
Central coast ceasefire ? What is it 5 California transplants meeting at Starbucks something took a bad turn . Thats gun country.
Maybe, but even 1 person can do a lot of damage when the Newport Times publishes their misinformation. This is Roblan country too. They may be trying to rile up proponents to influence him.

Here is their contact information:

Contact Us

The author, Monica Kirk, did not mention that SB 978 will remove her ability to carry mace in public building and grounds. She also did not mention that, as the bill is currently written, Oregonians will be turned into criminals if they have a firearm made before 1968 since those are not "traceable".

No reasonable person should oppose SB 978

I must be unreasonable?

Edit: Fellow unreasonables, we are not getting a fair shake with most of the media, that is clearly the case here with Newport Times. The author maligned our March 23rd rally insinuating it was all paid for by Radian. The fact is they donated product which we purchased and they used those proceeds to help cover expenses so Oregonians from outer regions of the State could attend. Individuals also donated around 15k directly through the gofundme.

When the media publishes articles that misrepresent legislation or our cause, we need to call them out on it. Please write the Newport Times and let them know we don't appreciate them publishing this misinformation and offer facts to back up your claims.
I attempted to comment on the article and it said my comment is under review. They must have lots of staff if they can review comments.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top