JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The thing that get's me, a DL is legal in all 50 states as acceptable id for every thing, yet the TSA ( an Illegal agency, with no powers of enforcement) can deny a person due to a STATE F-Up??!?!?!?!?! and since when did the TSA trump a States sovereignty? I smell a big rat!
The problem is from what heard is WA has not updated the type of license they give out another words it's to easy to make a fake one and WA is not the only State effected but who knows LOL ASK THEM IF YOUR CWP WILL WORK AS ID AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY

No passport for me, I don't ever plan to travel outside of the continual US, if I do I may go to Hawaii again but definitely Alaska to fill my freezer!!!:cool:

If you plan to fly or go into or through Canada the enhanced license is easy. PITA to get but once it's done you don't have to carry the passport. This may not even happen anyway. As I said a LOT of people who pay no attention to what goes on are going to be seeing red if this happens. A lot of them will have no clue until they go to fly and can't. Nothing gets some politicians off their a$$ faster than a bunch of pissed off voters.

It is not only WA.

The following states/territories have a limited extension through June 6, 2017, allowing Federal agencies to accept driver's licenses and identification cards from these states/territories:

• Alaska
  • California
  • Oregon
  • Virginia

Hmm, too bad the tax paying public is getting fleeced on this side of the fence/pond. We pay twice for security then still let the enemy in because they have a sad story.
So far since TSA has been in control, anything less than 1000 miles I drive.

You can get on a plane if you don't have an id. They take you to the side and there is a special procedure. Dont know what it is, but I have seen it happen as I was going through.

Rather ironic that a federal government bureaucracy has chosen to override a state bureaucracy with a higher standard on something like this. If this happened in Oregon, I would be mad about it as well. But I wouldn't be mad at the TSA over it. Oregon postured for a while about not complying with the real ID act then finally gave in. And quite a few people who didn't qualify for ID in Oregon any more just drove across the river.

If you're mad, understand the TSA didn't do this to you - your representatives in state government did this to you in order to pander to people who are probably in the country illegally.

Oregon faces uncertain deadline to upgrade driver's licenses for air travel

Don't worry first time Mrs Bill Gates gets stopped at the airport cause her drivers license won't work to get on a plane it will get fixed and all of us can go down and get a new license.

I already have to show my Birth Cert to renew my license in OR. So I don't know what more they could require as ID. I could show my Pass Port or DD-214 I guess.

The sanctuary state advocates are forcing the rest of us to use our passports to show US citizenship. I've been carrying mine for several years now. Lobby your representatives to get their crap together. No more shielding illegals. Get in compliance with Real ID and be done with it.

If you're afraid of verifying that you're an American, or explaining why you're in this country, maybe you should rethink staying here. Can't get a work visa, too bad, you've had years and years to make arrangements.

Get yourself a U.S. Passport card. I use that exclusively for domestic air travel and for crossing back and forth from Canada.
Passport card shouldn't be valid for air travel.

"The passport card is a credit-card size U.S. passport that, just like a passport book, is proof of U.S. citizenship and identity. It is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book, but can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from:"

Passport Card

ETA - it should be valid for entry into government facilities and other facilities where Real ID is required.

Passport card shouldn't be valid for air travel.

"The passport card is a credit-card size U.S. passport that, just like a passport book, is proof of U.S. citizenship and identity. It is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book, but can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from:"

Passport Card

ETA - it should be valid for entry into government facilities and other facilities where Real ID is required.

I'm only talking DOMESTIC flights that start/stop in CONUS, ports of entry are an entirely different matter, and I meant driving back and forth from Canada, not flying. If I flew to Canada then the passport book comes out. The key phrase, "proof of U.S. Citizenship and identity" makes that passport card legitimate to use as REAL I.D.

All the airline ticket-counter agent is doing is matching you to your I.D., then to the name on the purchased ticket, and then runs your name through "the system" (no-fly/watch list) on the computer terminal they're staring at, and all the TSA is doing is making sure the name on the boarding pass issued by the ticket-counter matches the person on the valid I.D. to make sure there isn't any "hot-swapping" between the counter and the security check-point.

Hope that clears up my prior post. ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top