JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel that not being able to use my drivers license is the equivalent of asking for pemission to travel. This is feel is against my rights expecially in my own country.
You don't need permission to travel. You do need it to get on a commercial flight. I don't like it any more than a lot of the crap they do but it's not likely to change. Much bigger fights coming.

You don't need permission to travel. You do need it to get on a commercial flight. I don't like it any more than a lot of the crap they do but it's not likely to change. Much bigger fights coming.
It's like gun control it starts out small. They think let's just do this one thing and call it for safety reasons. Someone adds another piece and.many more rules are added. This leads to restrictions. Don't tell me that these are not travel restrictions
Pretty soon we will need signed documents to travel. I am against any restrictions on my right to travel.

It's like gun control it starts out small. They think let's just do this one thing and call it for safety reasons. Someone adds another piece and.many more rules are added. This leads to restrictions. Don't tell me that these are not travel restrictions
Pretty soon we will need signed documents to travel. I am against any restrictions on my right to travel.
I did not say I like the idea. I said it's not going to change because anyone "feels" it's not right. There are some bigger battles coming that to me are far more important. If we start winning some of those we may be able to dial back some of this other crap.

LOL, It's funny to think that Trump actually won, most all would never admit it publicly.

We talked about it in my office, I was the only one that said I was voting for Trump and I caught hell from 4-5 during that discussion. They laughed, said he didn't have a chance...

This was in an office in Seattle mind you. I asked them have they spoken to anyone outside of their Seattle bubble? They didn't answer.

I told them they were in for a big surprise...that was met with nervous giggles.

Obama has twenty some days left so for all practical purposes he is null and void. I still dont trust him after the last four years. It is now the Republicans turn to show us how it is done and for the sake of the country I hope they are successful in making this country greater as I consider my country great already. We will see.

Rather ironic that a federal government bureaucracy has chosen to override a state bureaucracy with a higher standard on something like this. If this happened in Oregon, I would be mad about it as well. But I wouldn't be mad at the TSA over it. Oregon postured for a while about not complying with the real ID act then finally gave in. And quite a few people who didn't qualify for ID in Oregon any more just drove across the river.

If you're mad, understand the TSA didn't do this to you - your representatives in state government did this to you in order to pander to people who are probably in the country illegally.

Rather ironic that a federal government bureaucracy has chosen to override a state bureaucracy with a higher standard on something like this. If this happened in Oregon, I would be mad about it as well. But I wouldn't be mad at the TSA over it. Oregon postured for a while about not complying with the real ID act then finally gave in. And quite a few people who didn't qualify for ID in Oregon any more just drove across the river.

If you're mad, understand the TSA didn't do this to you - your representatives in state government did this to you in order to pander to people who are probably in the country illegally.

TSA agents touched me inappropriately and now I have to go to counseling twice a week:oops:

Everything is their fault;)

LOL, It's funny to think that Trump actually won, most all would never admit it publicly.

We talked about it in my office, I was the only one that said I was voting for Trump and I caught hell from 4-5 during that discussion. They laughed, said he didn't have a chance...

This was in an office in Seattle mind you. I asked them have they spoken to anyone outside of their Seattle bubble? They didn't answer.

I told them they were in for a big surprise...that was met with nervous giggles.
I did this at work too. Even offered bumper stickers free. Warned people not to put one on any car they cared about. Told those laughing they would make a great souvenir. None of them are laughing now. They do daily tell me what a bad job he is doing. Amazing how he can do such a piss poor job when he hasn't started. LOL

Being a trump supporter around here is like being a hipster in Texas but worse...

I don't tell anyone because most of my wife's circle of friends are super liberal and it's just not worth it when it will just give some of them seizures:D

for those blaming all of this on TSA ...

The REAL ID Act of 2005 was enacted by Congress on May 11, 2005. It modified US Federal law related to security, authentication and issuance procedure standards for state driver licenses and identification cards, as well as some immigration processes. The requirements of this Act actually replaced similar language in the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, which hadn't gone into effect before being repealed by the Real ID Act. The law was in response to a number of recommendations from 9/11 Commission.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top