JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're mad, understand the TSA didn't do this to you - your representatives in state government did this to you in order to pander to people who are probably in the country illegally.

Unless I am missing something big and/or I am really racist (or something, whatever the correct word is) I highly doubt illegals fly or can afford to fly as it is (southern border illegals anyway). So what exactly are we accomplishing here anyway?

Where have we heard something else very similar to this?
Oh yeah, "common sense" gun laws. Make the law abiding citizen jump though a ton of crap because we refuse to enforce existing laws. :mad::mad:

The way I see this all going, becoming a Police State, having to show "Papers "Please" to travel even with in our borders, we all ready get stopped and questioned in Border states about our citizenship status, we now have D.L.s that are no longer valid, now we must "Upgrade" those I.D. at extra expense, or obtain a PassPort and follow the European model of control. Soon, we will not be able to travel State to STate with out having to prove who we are, Kalifornia, Arizonai, New Mexico, Texas, all ready does this to a point with the Port of entry B.S.===== Are you a U.S. Citizen? Are you carrying any fruit or produce? are you carrying any firearms? N.O.Y.F.B!!!!!

The way I see this all going, becoming a Police State, having to show "Papers "Please" to travel even with in our borders, we all ready get stopped and questioned in Border states about our citizenship status, we now have D.L.s that are no longer valid, now we must "Upgrade" those I.D. at extra expense, or obtain a PassPort and follow the European model of control. Soon, we will not be able to travel State to STate with out having to prove who we are, Kalifornia, Arizonai, New Mexico, Texas, all ready does this to a point with the Port of entry B.S.===== Are you a U.S. Citizen? Are you carrying any fruit or produce? are you carrying any firearms? N.O.Y.F.B!!!!!

Wish I could give that 20 likes!! Especially the N.O.Y.F.B. Part :D:s0101:

Unless I am missing something big and/or I am really racist (or something, whatever the correct word is) I highly doubt illegals fly or can afford to fly as it is (southern border illegals anyway). So what exactly are we accomplishing here anyway?

Where have we heard something else very similar to this?
Oh yeah, "common sense" gun laws. Make the law abiding citizen jump though a ton of crap because we refuse to enforce existing laws. :mad::mad:

Here's the way I see it - the TSA and Homeland Security have to have some type of standard for identifying people who get on airplanes. That standard includes knowing who someone actually is. I think that's why the REAL ID act came about. It's a secondary consequence some of the rules associated with that act make it very hard for the "undocumented" - AKA illegal aliens to get ID. I don't think the federal government set out to get them, but the rules kind of get them by default.

Have you ever known anyone who couldn't get their birth certificate, social security card, or other proof they were born in the United States? I have known of some. It's because they weren't born it the United States. I was able to get a copy of my birth certificate when I was well into my teens - I think it was the first copy anyone in my family had obtained. Same thing with anyone else in my family. If you know where you were born and it was within about the past 100 years, you can get your birth certificate with a phone call, payment and some forms. So this whole vernacular of "undocumented" is just about 90 degrees off the actual truth.

I remember the first time I got a license all I had to show was a social security card and a couple pieces of mail. Fast forward to the era of the REAL ID act and I had to dig out a birth certificate, passport and other stuff. In spite of the fact I'd had licenses for a decade plus before that time. It's fine with me if jumping through those hoops means our licenses are more secure and harder for criminals to obtain.

TO punch a few holes in your theory 2Z4, Illegals CAN get a State D.L. and State I.D. cards at the DMV with out having the burden of proof to show their status, so how does the REAL ID stop these people?

I still fail to see how the TSA/DHS can have any rule of law in this matter!

Transportation Security Administration - Wikipedia

The very first line.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that has authority over the security of the traveling public in the United States. It was created as a response to the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Chiefly concerned with air travel, the TSA employs screening officers in airports, armed Federal Air Marshals on planes, and mobile teams of dog handlers. The use of enhanced screening procedures has caused controversy.

TO punch a few holes in your theory 2Z4, Illegals CAN get a State D.L. and State I.D. cards at the DMV with out having the burden of proof to show their status, so how does the REAL ID stop these people?

When I renewed a couple years ago I had to bring a birth certificate. Same thing for my wife several months ago.

Just looked it up to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

Oregon DMV Renewing a Driver License or Identification Card

"Present proof of your full legal name; legal presence in the U.S."..

Two other options are the Global Entry and Passport Card.
Global Entry will not replace your passport but it will speed you through TSA. It's an awesome piece of thoroughly vetted wallet sized ID. Passport Card gets you across land border crossings at Canada and Mexico. Both are solid ID's if your state is flaky with meeting Real ID criteria.

Global Entry | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

<broken link removed>

Maybe I'm not seeing the threat here. I just don't have a problem with people proving that they are who they say they are. Yes, I do understand that many people feel that anyone, from any part of the world, should have access to all the freedoms and benefits of America. I just happen to believe that you should be an American, and be able to prove it, if you want to be a full time beneficiary of these opportunities. I also don't have a problem with foreign nationals having a drivers license in the US, and I believe that, in those cases, a drivers license should be a state issued drivers license only.

With ID so easy to forge, I don't have a problem with a secure form of ID. Especially when accessing secure facilities.

Under Real ID, the cards for citizens are different than the cards for non citizens. In addition, they will have an integral chip them to make counterfeiting much more difficult.

When Oregon had the DL for illegals initiative, some argued that it would be valid for boarding an airplane but it's really a mute point. It's an ID, TSA and other agencies make the determination for travel. I think it's a great idea to require illegals to register and have ID. People in this country legally, have ID and are logged in and out at points of entry. Why not keep track of illegals too?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top