JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I might have been asleep for a couple of months. I made a cash ammo purchase at BiMart yesterday. The clerk asked for and entered my ODL and expiration date into her register. She said it was required. Did miss something or is that just chains policy?

IDK but I suspect that it's a store policy.

Rrrrrrright.......ANYTHING......in the name of making for a SAFER Oregon (if not USA or the WORLD).

LOL.......maybe it's a new recommendation from Biden's Office on Gun Violence Prevention? Rrrrright.......paying all that money for an entire Federal Office has got to show some kind of results.

Not.

Aloha, Mark

Ok, I might have been asleep for a couple of months. I made a cash ammo purchase at BiMart yesterday. The clerk asked for and entered my ODL and expiration date into her register. She said it was required. Did miss something or is that just chains policy?
Did you purchase that 9mm they have on sale? I was gonna run down and grab some. My last ammo purchase there (stayton store) they didn't ask me for ID

Oh no! Someone followed store policy and checked your ID... The gestapo isn't kicking down your door over this

I thought age verification for "pistol" ammo was a federal thing? With all the "PCC" "pistols" out there more and more companies are treating basically all ammo a "pistol" ammo just to cover their own asses. With how out of control the ATF has been I cannot not blame them.

Oh no! Someone followed store policy and checked your ID... The gestapo isn't kicking down your door over this
A LOT of people were not shooting back when you had to fill out a book and sign out ALL hand gun ammo and there was no such thing as common folk ordering ammo. When the rules were relaxed many soon forgot how it was not too long ago. We saw this same thing when SG told us in WA we needed to give them a copy of our ID from now on. They only ask one time if you set up an account. I did this with no qualms but, many got REAL exercised over this too. Places that are in business have to protect themselves from lawyers. It is the world we live in. :s0092:

I thought age verification for "pistol" ammo was a federal thing? With all the "PCC" "pistols" out there more and more companies are treating basically all ammo a "pistol" ammo just to cover their own asses. With how out of control the ATF has been I cannot not blame them.
There is both state and Fed law about ALL ammo. 21 for hand gun, 18 for all other ammo. Many states also have restrictions. Again it all comes down to lawyers. If some store sells ammo to some "kook" who goes off and said kook was not old enough layers will be there wanting money.

Show ID to by Ammo ...LOL ... You can be asked to show your Oregon ODL to by a disposable Lighter. The minimum age for buying lighters in Oregon is 18 years old, and minors are prohibited from purchasing lighters. Retailers are subject to penalties and fines.
It's Oregon, and Oregon government 'wants' total control your life activities by Regulatory Restrictions, Licensing, Permits, Fee's, Tax, and Laws. From your birth till your death.

Did you purchase that 9mm they have on sale? I was gonna run down and grab some. My last ammo purchase there (stayton store) they didn't ask me for ID
They never ask ne but I did pick up a couple of boxes of the 9mm that's on sale yesterday and they wanted my ID and also entered it into the register.

Don't tell Gov. Inslee. But, I recently bought ammo in OR.

More to the Subject : Bi-Mart didn't ask for my ID. But they did take my CC. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Irrelevant. Just depends on the cashier. I pay in both card and cash at many bi Mart stores and it's a crap shoot whether they want my ID or not. I just tell myself they want to see it so they know all my info and can stalk me on the Internet because I'm dead sexy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top