JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Um. I'm not sure that the ratio is "not in favor" of a totalitarian government... look at CA, NY, Illinois.. :rolleyes:
Not even close to totalitarian. Hyperbole and imaginary drama aren't helping anyone other than anti-2a people, by making us readily dismissable as living in a make-believe world.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Not even close to totalitarian. Hyperbole and imaginary drama aren't helping anyone other than anti-2a people, by making us readily dismissable as living in a make-believe word.:rolleyes:
Depends on whose definitions. :s0140:

Edit, some people will say that certain groups of people that tends to vote anti-2A party, are dismissable and living in make-believe worlds anyhow

Politicians generally only listen to constituents who they believe voted them into office. If anti-gun politicians have a majority of their constituents complain about them voting for anti-gun legislation, they might back off. When do you think that will happen. The answer is, never.

Not even close to totalitarian. Hyperbole and imaginary drama aren't helping anyone other than anti-2a people, by making us readily dismissable as living in a make-believe world.:rolleyes:
Sadly those gov are supported by the majority of those suffering under them. They vote the same people back in over and over again to "fix" the mess they made. So it really does not help making them out to be something they are not. A lot of people keep asking for more of this. They just don't seem to be able to ever get enough. :(

Politicians generally only listen to constituents who they believe voted them into office. If anti-gun politicians have a majority of their constituents complain about them voting for anti-gun legislation, they might back off. When do you think that will happen. The answer is, never.
They only fear losing their jobs. If some actually started to lose their jobs over this? They would change how they vote FAST. They would not believe what they were saying but, almost none of them would be willing to lose their job to "take a stand" on this.

Beginning next year, those wishing to buy a firearm in Washington will need to complete a background check and then wait 10 business days before they are allowed to complete the purchase.

Supporters say the delay will help save lives, especially for those who may benefit from a "cooling off" period between wanting to purchase a gun and actually owning one.

The law also requires those wishing to purchase a firearm to take a safety training program within five years of purchasing it.

Beginning next year, those wishing to buy a firearm in Washington will need to complete a background check and then wait 10 business days before they are allowed to complete the purchase.

Supporters say the delay will help save lives, especially for those who may benefit from a "cooling off" period between wanting to purchase a gun and actually owning one.

The law also requires those wishing to purchase a firearm to take a safety training program within five years of purchasing it.
Does 10 day delay apply to purchases of firearms outside of WA by WA residents?

Today I am going to hand out some more guns in the semi-free State of Oregon including for those instantly approved, those who have waited for 5 business days and those who FICS finally got around to approving. WA residents are welcome here.

Permit to purchase free transactions are probably overrated anyways. Look at all the people who are happy to have a "permit to purchase" for Costco and Bimart.
When I got my BiMart card/membership, it took a few minutes and cost $2 and covered your entire family. And that was good for life, no additional annual fee. Anyone could join. You did not need to take a course designed and controlled by people who didn't want you to have the card before you could get one. Best of all, the gooberment was not involved. My relationship with BiMart only involves me and BiMart. It does not prevent me from buying from other stores.

When I got my BiMart card/membership, it took a few minutes and cost $2 and covered your entire family. And that was good for life, no additional annual fee. Anyone could join. You did not need to take a course designed and controlled by people who didn't want you to have the card before you could get one. Best of all, the gooberment was not involved. My relationship with BiMart only involves me and BiMart. It does not prevent me from buying from other stores.
2011ish, I paid $5 for my BiMart membership card. Same, no government involvement,no requirement for any sort of training or whatsoever. Can sometimes find better prices on some things, and they're right next to apartment complex :D

People bring up drivers licenses but they don't seem to connect that not having one, doesn't prevent freedom of travel. Not having an ID though, can provide problems with travel by air, with buying alcohol and tobacco, with getting benefits, mail, loans, opening a bank account, getting into school, getting medical care...cashing checks/money orders... and entering bars and adult shops.

Most of what you mention cannot be solved. Short of some kind of authoritarian socialsim. Which isn't really a great idea.
Not so. Back in the 50s there were mental hospitals for people who were unable to cope with ordinary life. At some point the hospitals were nearly all closed and the patients just dumped out on the street. Some were mentally defective. Others were addicts of various sorts.

There wasn't much welfare before LBJ's new society. Most babys were born in wedlock. Black kids born out of wedlock were only about 30% for example. After New Society mothers could get more from welfare than many lower class men could earn. Even in Oregon today, I personally know of two different couples who wanted to get married but did not because, while both parents worked full time, neither had health insurance. And in OR if its a married couple the mother and baby aren't eligible for health insurance.

There did not used to be homeless camps all over. At most there would be occasional panhandlers or drunks in big cities. The mentally defective and addicts were in mental hospitals and everyone else had jobs. Or at least did odd jobs. Nobody shat in public. You couldn't sleep on park benches let alone put a tent up on a public sidewalk.

The "unsolveable" problems we have in our cities now are anything but. They are a result of bad laws and failure to enforce what laws there are.

And what exactly does the other 71.75 pages of this legislation say? It doesn't take 72 pages to state the above...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top