JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of you who live in Aloha. This seems to be a pretty significant failure of the justice system if the psychiatric board that released him sends a notice to the sheriff that he is moderate to high risk for re-offending.

At least they did not put him in housing that was 5 minutes away from a elementary school. Oh, wait, they did (Kinnaman Elementary School)

http://www.co.washington.or.us/Sher...ation-2017-Willow-Crk-Apts-Doyle-01-27-17.pdf

My area has 4 schools in a 1.2 miles radius and a crap ton of high level sex offenders...

My wife gets a notification every time someone moves into the area.

And people think we were parinoid not letting our kid who looked 3-5 years older then she was walk a mile to high schoolo_O.

I just assume everyone is a sex offender and treat them as such:rolleyes:.

I just received this notice by email from the sheriffs office. If you live in the Aloha area please take note. When the sheriff states that he feels the individual poses a significant threat!!! I hope this is an appropriate place to post this.

COMMUNITY SEX OFFENDER NOTIFICATION - ALOHA

Reynaldo Rios

The Washington County Sheriff's Office is giving notice to you that the Oregon Psychiatric Security Review Board (PSRB) has released a potentially dangerous predatory sex offender who will live in the community of Aloha.
On January 25, 2017, the PSRB notified Sheriff Pat Garrett that Reynaldo Rios is a sex offender who is no longer under PSRB supervision and no longer residing at the Oregon State Hospital. Mr. Rios is now residing in the community of Aloha.
1ed79244-1b9e-4ed5-8aef-b0d9c363a22f.jpg
Reynaldo Rios was released from the Oregon State Hospital after serving nearly 32 years in custody for a brutal home invasion and sexual assault of a 6-year-old girl. Mr. Rios was released from the Oregon State Hospital after a Psychiatric Security Review Board (PSRB) hearing found that he did not have "a qualifying mental illness to remain under PSRB supervision." Therefore, under Oregon law, he was no longer able to be held at the Oregon State Hospital.

Mr. Rios was found guilty, except for insanity, in 1984 of the crimes of Rape I, Sodomy I, Kidnapping II, Burglary (2 counts), and Criminal Mischief I and was placed under the jurisdiction of the Psychiatric Security Review Board. Between 1984 and January 25, 2017, Mr. Rios resided at the Oregon State Hospital.
Name: Reynaldo Rios
Supervision: Released, no supervision
Crimes: 1984 - Rape and Sodomy of child
The PSRB stated in its letter to Sheriff Garrett that the agency believes Mr. Rios poses a significant safety risk to the community. Therefore, the Sheriff's Office is giving notice to people who live with or near Mr. Rios, as well as to nearby schools or businesses where children may congregate.

For more information, visit www.WCSheriff-or.com. View a map of the area.

Contact the PSRB at (503) 229-5596, or send an e-mail.

It's too bad these review boards aren't held liable for their actions when a perp reoffends.

Sheriff's Office, Washington County, OR

Sex Offender released in Aloha. Raped a 6yo girl back in the early '80s. Details in the top of the page in the link provided.

A snippet from the article:
Mr. Rios indicated he will stay with his sister Paula Buchanon at 3050 SW Doyle Place, Apt. 5011, Aloha, OR.

Stay safe and watch your children. AND CARRY, DANG IT!

Reading this press release really pissed me off:mad:

Last Edited:
"The PSRB stated in its letter to Sheriff Garrett, that the agency believes Mr. Rios poses a significant safety risk to the community".
Then some legal mechanism should be in place to keep him locked up after such a horrific crime. :mad:

This is actually normal. Most of the violent offenders and especially the sexual predators are all but gaurenteed to reoffend. And usually within days or weeks of release.

Most prison psychologists will say it's not if they will reoffend, but when.
They are a time bomb released on our communities and are rarely monitored.
Cut them loose and hope they check in when supposed to.

Only release they need is a long drop with a sudden stop.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top