JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I remember a time in America when our large financial instutions were honest and not nearly so greedy, and most people liked our system and worked to make things better for all. Now we have a bunch of crooks acting like gods and setting the bar very low for ethical norms. And that is my point.

You are a bit of a paradox to me at times... your quote in bold text is the very nature of "liberalism". I won't EVEN go into "politics" and blame this person or that person from the left or the right (they BOTH stink on ice). From my perspective, "liberalism" makes people comfortable in their own weaknesses.

Instead of inspiring people to better themselves and "working to make things better for all", excuses are made, validations are made, justifications are made, all hidden behind rationalizing things away into the oblivion of moral relativism... until we have the ever lowering bar of ethics and behavior we (as a nation) suffer from today.

Are you sure you're a lefty? Maybe you're just confused. ;)

You are a bit of a paradox to me at times... your quote in bold text is the very nature of "liberalism". I won't EVEN go into "politics" and blame this person or that person from the left or the right (they BOTH stink on ice). From my perspective, "liberalism" makes people comfortable in their own weaknesses.

Instead of inspiring people to better themselves and "working to make things better for all", excuses are made, validations are made, justifications are made, all hidden behind rationalizing things away into the oblivion of moral relativism... until we have the ever lowering bar of ethics and behavior we (as a nation) suffer from today.

Are you sure you're a lefty? Maybe you're just confused. ;)
Well said!

Wait a min where that guy iomatic that started this little trip down memory lane? I'm sure he would love to come in and tell everyone how stupid our ideas were two years ago. And how those ideas and warning have no bearing on todays news.

Wait a min where that guy iomatic that started this little trip down memory lane? I'm sure he would love to come in and tell everyone how stupid our ideas were two years ago. And how those ideas and warning have no bearing on todays news.

Paranoia: You only have to be right once to make it all worth it.

"The only problem so far has been ammo hoarding by people fearing the worst and driving up prices".

Do you mean DHS, Social Security Admin, the Park Service, the Department of the Interior, the Forest Service, the TSA, the US Marshal Service, the Air Marshals, the military, the Secret Service, & the IRS are fearing the worst by purchasing 1 billion+ rounds of ammunition in 2013?

I don't know how much ammo the state, county & cities are buying; I'll try to add all that up.

"The only problem so far has been ammo hoarding by people fearing the worst and driving up prices".

Do you mean DHS, Social Security Admin, the Park Service, the Department of the Interior, the Forest Service, the TSA, the US Marshal Service, the Air Marshals, the military, the Secret Service, & the IRS are fearing the worst by purchasing 1 billion+ rounds of ammunition in 2013?

I don't know how much ammo the state, county & cities are buying; I'll try to add all that up.
Lets not forget 7,000 "personal protection devices" that are out on bid for the DHS. However to us they're "assault weapons"

Lets not forget 7,000 "personal protection devices" that are out on bid for the DHS. However to us they're "assault weapons"

I forgot to add this:

Look at it this way: If the "B" shown below represents 174,000 rounds of ammo:

B

(This is how much ammo the Social Security Administration is buying.)

... then the following list of B's represents 1.4 billion, which is what DHS is buying:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

So wait, you're saying Obama is some kind of comparison to Hitler we have to rise up against?

Clarify, please, what this non sequitur is supposed to mean, exactly?

I'm still waiting for the Second Amendment to disappear, and the lack of guns available to me.

You will not have to wait very long to see most of your 2A disappear. But maybe you will not notice.

I forgot to add this:

Look at it this way: If the "B" shown below represents 174,000 rounds of ammo:

B

(This is how much ammo the Social Security Administration is buying.)

... then the following list of B's represents 1.4 billion, which is what DHS is buyin
The big media lie about the US government's purchases of over one billion rounds of anti-personnel ammunition

yeah, its us doing it...
[/COLOR]:s0113::banana::s0053::s0056::rockon:

[/LEFT]

That's one way for the Social Security Administration to balance the books. Everyone gets a bullet! The checks have been replaced by copper covered lead.

You really think that one president is going to automatically dismantle our Constitution?

Seriously?

OK, I'm going to worry about actual concerns now. :)

Let's talk about the illegal immigrant laws that Arizona made and the Supreme Court said, "yup they can do this". The Supreme Court is by design the end of the road, no more appeals, no more whining, end of the road. So what does Obama do? He writes an executive order saying don't enforce the law the Supreme Court just said was okay. So yes, one man can dismantle our Constitution, as he has already started doing so.

Dude - it took you 11 posts to be reduced to this? That's longer than it usually takes you. Hang in there, step away from the bong and medical mary jane for a couple of hours and see if you can think up something people on a Firearms forum like this might want to read.

To be quite frank, I think Durrka Durrr has a point, I'm a gun owner, and a veteran, I'm more center left than extreme anything, but if the SHTF scenario you seem to be praying for ever happens, (and for which most of you are both ill prepared mentally and physically for) and I see you coming my way I'm likely to tell the Police where you are.

There is no way US citizens are going to declare war against the US government. You only have to read forum posts like this to see that, everyone spouts piss and wind about their rights being taken away, and co-blames some other sub-group for it along with Obama. Not to mention the undertones that seem to threaten violence against members of the public who don't share the same opinion (which is the same as totalitarianism) such as "the Liberals", or "the Hippies" or the _________ enter minority of choice here.

Even if guns are eventually banned, it does not mean we have or will be stripped of our rights. Unless of course you believe having a gun will make you invincible against trained LEO and soldiers, and if that is the case then you're arming yourself out of fear. I served in Iraq and Afghanistan and was still able to fix more problems with communication than with a rifle.

Lets not forget the Supreme Court Justices in all of this.
Most presidents will try to stack the deck in any nominations to further their political agenda.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR