JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i've only sold 1 gun used and it was worked perfectly. i wouldn't sell a gun that i know wasn't perfect and if not perfect I'd tell people what was wrong before selling it. But thats just me....

I must be odd.
I always look at the bore first to see if it looks like a sewer pipe before I buy a used gun.
Pretty sure I would notice a pill in the barrel.

I've never bought a gun I didnt look down the barrel of first. This story has showed up on a couple other forums I subscribe to and the general opinion is it's BS somebody trying to start an urban legend type thing. Unless of course someone has the names of the people involved?

If you have ever had a squib you know it! I had one more than twenty years ago in a Ruger wheel gun (reloads I got with the pistol). What I learned from it is never shoot reloads from people you don't know and I never what that to happen again! How you can pass a firearm on to someone after a squib with out fixing the problem or telling them is beyond me. As for it being spiked, I expect it could happen, best to always take down any firearm for cleaning and inspection prior to going to the range, even better to check function and barrel before buying. Also have some way of contacting the seller if there is something wrong with the firearm (broken, stolen) and email/phone number/bill of sale, some way to tie back the purchase to where you got it from just incase you have reason to go back to the seller.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the buyer, if you buy a USED firearm without at least giving it a GOOD once over you're a fool and if you fire that gun without checking function, YOU'RE A STUPID IDIOT.

Sure the seller could actually be a scumbag, but the buyer had the opportunity to actually look at what they bought and question the seller. Caveat emptor, BUYER BEWARE.

Heck, I even give new guns a thorough look over before handing over my money.

First - Make it safe
Second - look for the breach to be clear
Third - inspect the barrel for signs of bulging, warn throat, abused muzzle or crown
Fourth - Revolvers take a look at the top strap for cutting then the wiggle test
This is what I recommend at a minimum before test firing and giving someone your money
I have seen much worse than a slug in the mid bore.
Silver Hand

I just bought a lemon at the Puyallup gun show because I didn't realize the AK74 was overgassed and now I am looking at hundreds more to fix it. Beware the shady gun dealers.

A neighbor of mine was given a Norinco SKS in exchange for some work. He hadn't shot it at all yet, he had it for several months. I asked to check it out one day, disassembled the dust cover and BCG, and looked down the bore. Completely dark, no light. It had no cleaning rod, so I walked back to my place and grabbed one. When I came back, I ran the cleaning rod down the barrel, and out came a wad of napkins.

I honestly don't know what would've happened if he tried to fire it, but he thanked me for noticing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top