JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was gathering up some powder and primers for a member who is taking advantage of my ad here ( For Sale: Various Rifle and Pistol Powder For Sale By The Ounce. Limited Primers Available Separately. ) and I was checking primer trays to make sure they were full trays. I had purchased some primers and other reloading components from a Walmart up in Washington. I bought some CCI small rifle primers and some CCI large rifle magnum primers. The primers were priced and sold as individual sleeves that were locked up in a glass case. I believe it was the Walmart over in South East Vancouver area but it could have been the one right by I-205 as I had bought reloading components from both stores. I never bothered to cut the tape on these until today and low and behold this is what I found:

20201015_090336.jpg

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that an employee didn't skim some primers out of the sleeves but these were tagged and likely taped at the store IMHO. The small rifle primers and the LRM primers both have price tags dated 8/31/18. I am guessing I bought them in 2019 but it could have been 2018. I figure I missing around a 100 LRM primers and probably close to 500 small rifle primers. I doubt I could find a receipt and I doubt that Walmart would do anything to make up my loss and it doesn't make me happy. I went ahead and cut the tape on some sleeves I bought from Bimart and they were all accounted for in those sleeves. If I can find a receipt I will send a note to the store but I'm thinking this will end up being a lesson to have the checker open the sleeves before you buy.

Ignore the NIKE promo.

20201015_090355.jpg

20201015_090349.jpg

I balanced out the trays and ended up being short 90 LRM primers and 549 SR primers. Luckily the lot numbers for each type were the same. That is a huge bummer. I don't know how that Walmart stock person sleeps at night:rolleyes:

Tantrum is over, I found the receipt for this purchase and it was last summer at the 104th store near I-205 in Vancouver. They were getting rid of all their reloading stuff and these were marked down to a $1 per sleeve. I purchased 13 sleeves of SRPs and 6 of LRMPs. I found the 6th sleeve of LRMP which was also a partial so I ended up with 442 LRM primers and 751 SMR primers for $19. It's hard to stay mad at those prices.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top