JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to Wal-Mart this morning, oh joy. Couldn't buy eggs, the aisle was blocked. Couldn't buy meat, you guessed it, the aisle was blocked. Was informed at the checkout that I couldn't use those words here. What words? Cuss words. Which ones, do you have a list? If Wal-Mart is going to limit my first amendment rights, I want it in writing.

I am returning to the store later, to return items, and ask for that list.
To be updated.

You sound cranky.
I would back off on the coffee and try meditation.
Without coffee I'd be dead.
I take my medication every day, it saves lives.:)
Protected speech allows for the burning of the American flag, but I can't say profanity in walmart?

Last edited by a moderator:
Protected speech allows for the burning of the American flag, but I can't say profanity in walmart?
Well ya cant say it here either, so there is that.

#

3. Divisive, negative, offensive, nonfactual, or inappropriate content is prohibited

This is the guideline which sets the overall look, feel, and tone of our community. As a public organization with clearly defined goals, we must do everything we can to establish and maintain a positive, welcoming, family-friendly environment. Per our Terms of Service, it is the responsibility of every member to act accordingly.

This rule is all encompassing, including threads, posts, images, videos, language, innuendos, insinuations, suggestions, intimations, implications, hints, overtones, undertones, allusions, and references, or links to content which would be considered divisive, negative, offensive, or inappropriate if posted here. This also includes causing discord by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking others into an emotional response, or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion (aka Trolling).

Examples of nonfactual material include:

• Content from one of the well-known nonfactual traffickers (Natural News, Alex Jones, Before it Was News, Zero Hedge, Sorcha Faal, etc).
  • Content related to conspiracy theories (chemtrails, HAARP, alien abduction, water fluoridation, etc).
  • Content that violates the known laws of physics.
  • Content which is deemed totally implausible.
Hiding or masking this type of content, such as attempting to avoid the language filter (d$#@!) or through vague wording, is considered a violation of this rule.

While Wally is often a PITA I never bother to tell of the robots working there as they normally have nothing to do with how management does things. Telling them off normally just means they can do nothing to help so why berate them?
Have you tried WinCo here? Now that they have one on the NW end I have been quite happy with it. Open 24 a day so I can stop in on my way home from work. Normally there is more employee's there when I come in than customers. Price is certainly better than the Wally's here. So far even with them doing a lot of work when I am there I have not yet run into them blocking entire isles.

That'll do it. A strongly worded email!

Were the products just "blocked" or completely unavailable? Because if you let a bit of plastic get in your way, I don't believe your elevated self righteous indignation is warranted

Also, nobody is limiting anything you say. Sometimes people just prefer not to hear belligerent cussing when their families are present

Fired off an email to walmart
I can already tell you what walmart's bubblegumming reply will be.

1676577878499.png

More like a cathedral erected to the pursuit of profit.
Well that is the world we live in. What business is not out to make as much as they can? Decades back when Wally was trying to open here the Unions who own most of the law makers, were of course VERY much fighting them. One time some reporter caught one of the leaders of some protest group buying the stuff for their signs at, you guessed it, a Wally. When confronted and asked why they were not buying the supplies from one of the retailers they supported? She said the price at Wally was much cheaper. :confused:
The woman saw nothing wrong with her thinking here.:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top