JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what is the problem?

A company is worried about getting stuck with several million in inventory they can do nothing with. Sounds like a smart business move to me.

Woah there hoss, Pull UP!

Banning Hi-caps and semi auto modern sporting rifles is one thing.
Banning ammunition is another thing altogether. That would be an extreme case of infringement on the right to bear arm.
As we all know, and unloaded gun is a fancy paperweight.

Midway or Brownells being stuck with AR parts is one thing. The country's largest retailer getting out of ammo sales in quite another.
They may do it for image purposes until the dust settles on the AWB debate, but the day that ammo sales are against the law is the day things start to boil over.
And if there is a profit to be made from it, you can bet WalMart will fight for it.

I NEVER said it was legitimate worry. I said it was a worry, just like the worry that people have now, just like the worry people had in 2008, ect. Where did I even elude to banning of ammo? I have NO idea why they made this decision IF it is even really a fact that they did. There is nothing to "pull UP"

All I was saying is that Business decisions are not the same as personal decisions. Some are based on fact, some are based on speculation, some use fact, some use emotion.

Looks like a super political battle is about to start anew. It is always good to remember who your friends are and those who looked afer you in the time of need. Maybe their stock will tank tomorrow! This event gives new meaning to "Fair weather friends". Hopefully, those on the right side will win out on this challenge; if not, the future looks ugly. Better to prepare for the worse and hope for the best.

Interesting that all this noise over gun control happened in the wake of the horriable events in Sandy Hook when Adam in theory shot those children with a .223 (however, there is a report on the other blog from a first responder that the ar had a .22 caliber conversion and not a .223). Most of the noise on this is coming from the NE states from the same character disordered (if not demented) politicians. There is a report that Adam was on an antispychotic medication that had a listed side effect "aggression". So with all this confusion we change the direction of a nation? Ugg!

Question: If the ar was equiped with a .22 caliber conversion, would it not be likely that the survival rate would have been higher?

This would explain allot if this is true. a .22 cal AR would be quieter have no recoil and would do less physical destruction. It was reported the shooter shot the children 3-11 times. 22 cal long rifle wouldn't necessarily immediately kill a child unless struck critically in the head or say heart. It would also explain why they are so reluctant to show the crime scene do to the shock publicity they are trying to generate against AR15s. A 22 call AR15 would sink their argument for such a ban.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top