JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for your responses, but notice that not one single person answered my question: Is Wal Mart a friend of the gun owner? As gun owners we should support our friends instead of patronizing money grubbing companies who are only interested in the dollar. If you support your local gun dealer hopefully he will always be there for you. However if Wal Mart is able to exterminate all of their competition what do you think will happen to their "low" prices? Do you think that Wal Mart cares anything about you? Look at how they treat their employees. Wal Mart has done more to move jobs from America to China than all other businesses put together!

I wouldnt buy from Wally World anyway, even if the price is lower. My reasoning is based upon the fact that they videotape all firearms transactions as well as keeping the written documentation. I know they're "supposed" to destroy the paperwork, but what about the video's. Makes for an easy gun grab if it happens.

Thanks for your responses, but notice that not one single person answered my question: Is Wal Mart a friend of the gun owner? As gun owners we should support our friends instead of patronizing money grubbing companies who are only interested in the dollar. If you support your local gun dealer hopefully he will always be there for you. However if Wal Mart is able to exterminate all of their competition what do you think will happen to their "low" prices? Do you think that Wal Mart cares anything about you? Look at how they treat their employees. Wal Mart has done more to move jobs from America to China than all other businesses put together!

Depends on what you call gun friendly. Yes they sell them in certain stores where it is still politically correct, but the video taping of sales I think isnt so friendly. I wrote the corporate office questioning this policy and their response was that they help the police better in catching unlawful purchasers????? If you buy there you go through the same background check as anywhere else so I think the video taping is needless to say the least.

If I couldnt pass a background check why would I even try as they have my ID with my picture on it already.:s0159:

I dont like their practice so they do not get any of my money, period. This has nothing to do with their low prices and how they sell so cheap or that when they put a store in a smaller town most of the small local stores fold, because Lowes and Home Depot do the same thing.

I wouldnt buy from Wally World anyway, even if the price is lower. My reasoning is based upon the fact that they videotape all firearms transactions as well as keeping the written documentation. I know they're "supposed" to destroy the paperwork, but what about the video's. Makes for an easy gun grab if it happens.

What the heck are you talking about "destroy the paperwork"??? :huh: Federal law is that the 4473 is kept for the life of the business as well as the books. Once the business drops it's FFL they are required to turn over their books and all the 4473s to the ATF. Also in WA the State Pistol Transfer Application is to be kept on file for the life of the business. Destroying such paperwork is a felony and will land you in prison for 10 years or more.

Walmart sells firearms in some locations (probably locations where they actually get gun sales) and they sell ammo. They also have a corporate policy to abide by state law where the carry of firearms is concerned. We dropped our Costco membership and joined Sam's Club for that very reason. So while they are looking at their profit margin (heck, I WISH I had a profit margin to watch) they are also supportive of the gun community.

Have you ever talked to anyone at a WalMart that knew what they were talking about? I haven't. The closest I've come to an employee that knew anything told me there was a difference between .357 Magnum and .357 Sig ammo (that I was trying to buy) and that I needed the .357 Magnum which wasn't in stock.:s0114: I guess he thought since I couldn't find .357 Mag I just figured I'd try .357 Sig.:huh:

I'm all for buying at a local shop, all the same money is tight at times and saving money on ammo is important. I expect I could just shoot less and pay more when I can afford it. Would that truly effect business as it pretains to any of the large chain stores or just mean I get to enjoy my hobby less? Should the same logic apply to other parts of life? Shop at a mom and pop grocery store, pay more and eat less (eating less might be a good idea for me), buy gas at a mom and pop gas station and drive less? Where do you draw the line? I honestly wish I could afford to support only local merchants but I simply don't have the $ to live that way, I do my best but real life makes difficult to enjoy the life I work hard for with out looking for the best price on many items I consume. I don't believe that makes me a bad person, just a guy doing his best to enjoy the life I have. Heck you could say by reloading I'm taking away business from my local gun shop or buying private sale instead of buying at the gun shop or building an AR instead of buying one off the rack at my local gun shop. I don't know the last time I bought a mag at a local gun shop, I always seem to find them for far less on the internet or a gun show/private sale.

Might not be a popular expression but it is honest.

I know that they had serious issues in California with 4473s NOT being filled out and other discrepancies ATF had a cow about it. WALMART decided not to continue sales in California of firearms and scaled back sales in other states. Here in salem only one store out of the three WAL-MARTS sells guns. I know the one in Dallas does too. Woodburn doesn't anymore.

dallas doesn't sell guns any more either.....

I recently learned that the Wal Mart in Talent has ceased selling firearms. I know that the store in Eagle Point never has sold guns. And, I have heard that a number of other Wal Marts do not sell guns. This makes me wonder:
Wal Mart is one of the greediest organizations in the world. Their goal is to grab every last dollar they can get and destroy all of their competition. They recently announced that they are going to open a bunch of smaller stores to compete with businesses such as Walgreen, Rite-Aid and Bi-Mart, in the hope of destroying these competitors. So they will do ANYTHING for a buck!
So, why are they scaling back gun sales? Could it be that they know something that we should know? Do they have inside information that the government is planning a massive GUN GRAB? After all, Bill and Hillary Clinton (both of whom are major New World Order activists) are major stock holders in Wal Mart (they all come from Arkansas).
Maybe I am reading too much into Wal Mart's action. Comments, please!
What Wal-Mart knows is its customer base.
It realizes that generally, guns ain't so popular right now...especially considering the other products they sell there (i.e., "family oriented" items).
Ever notice how large most sections are, yet the firearms section of the Sporting Goods department is a counter and a couple of shelves.
Keeping it "hidden" from general sight.
They figure, if you're looking for firearm related products, you'll be smart enough to find the Sporting Goods section, and then search it out from there.
So, sorry, no conspiracy theories here. Only "fadism".
They're looking to give the impression of that all-approving "G" rating.
...and btw, the largest Wal-Mart in the country doesn't sell guns, either...unless they're powered by air.
Same goes for Big 5.
However, I did get some good deals on a Winchester Limb Saver pad for my H&R and 100 rounds of that Federal "Game Load" rabbit and squirrel ammo, so yeah, I'd have to say they are a friend to the gun owner, as long as you're not looking to actually buy a gun.

DeanMk

The phrase " a friend in need is a friend in deed" comes to mind here. Not selling guns and or ammo to keep it "PC" or "PG" doesn't seem like much of a friend to me. Kinda like a friend that says "I got your back, as long as I can do it without offending someone I am trying to impress more." Imagine if a "friend" told you something along these lines.

I was told some time ago by a walmart "gun desk" guy that the store had to sell a quota or more to keep it's gun selling viability .If not ,the guns were gone.It was a odd number to ,so from that we know it's just business.So is Walmart are friend? I would have to say no because we did not buy are guns there and thay lost the right to sell any in the future.

After all, Bill and Hillary Clinton (both of whom are major New World Order activists) are major stock holders in Wal Mart (they all come from Arkansas).

Not true. Hillary Clinton served on the board of Wal-Mart from 1986 to 1992 - nearly twenty years ago. I checked their reported stock holdings when someone else made this assertion here. She sold all her stock prior to her presidential run.

Use your brain. If the Clintons were MAJOR stock holders in Wal-Mart (i.e. more than 1%) then it would be reported everywhere, and they'd also be billionaires, since the market cap of WalMart is nearly $200 billion. Hilary Clinton's net worth is $34m. I can see people worth more than that from my house!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top