JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently learned that the Wal Mart in Talent has ceased selling firearms. I know that the store in Eagle Point never has sold guns. And, I have heard that a number of other Wal Marts do not sell guns. This makes me wonder:
Wal Mart is one of the greediest organizations in the world. Their goal is to grab every last dollar they can get and destroy all of their competition. They recently announced that they are going to open a bunch of smaller stores to compete with businesses such as Walgreen, Rite-Aid and Bi-Mart, in the hope of destroying these competitors. So they will do ANYTHING for a buck!
So, why are they scaling back gun sales? Could it be that they know something that we should know? Do they have inside information that the government is planning a massive GUN GRAB? After all, Bill and Hillary Clinton (both of whom are major New World Order activists) are major stock holders in Wal Mart (they all come from Arkansas).
Maybe I am reading too much into Wal Mart's action. Comments, please!

You make it sound like making money is a sin .... what are you, a communist?

If there were a big gun grab coming, wouldn't the price of guns spike and huge profits ensue in the twilight period before the gun grab actually started? Wouldn't everyone with a stock of guns get instant profits?

I know that they had serious issues in California with 4473s NOT being filled out and other discrepancies ATF had a cow about it. WALMART decided not to continue sales in California of firearms and scaled back sales in other states. Here in salem only one store out of the three WAL-MARTS sells guns. I know the one in Dallas does too. Woodburn doesn't anymore.

I think that Wally World is engaged in nothing more than good old fashioned Yankee capitalism. If you are running a business, is it your goal to just squeak by, or to make as much money as you possibly can? One way to increase your profits, is to decrease your competition's profits.

As to their firearms sales, perhaps they were not producing enough of a profit margin. I doubt very much they have any sort of inside information of some kind of vast anti gun conspiracy.

Same for the Clintons. They are the money grubbing hypocrites they accuse others of being.

look at it this way. With the amount that they pay their employees, would you really trust them to hire someone and pay them enough to give a crap about filling out forms right? Then when they get caught it kind of starts making more sense to not sell a low margin item that can really screw you in fines if a stupid form wasn't done right. The wally world right by my house that just opened is huge, and they aren't carrying guns. And frankly their ammo selection sucked and prices were more than bi-mart. Only reason I went in there was because I had 2 $5 gift cards they sent me in the mail. Used them to buy ammo as I know that they will end up losing $$ on the deal since ammo is usually a very low margin item.

I wouldnt buy from Wally World anyway, even if the price is lower. My reasoning is based upon the fact that they videotape all firearms transactions as well as keeping the written documentation. I know they're "supposed" to destroy the paperwork, but what about the video's. Makes for an easy gun grab if it happens.

It is kind of funny and a lil frustrating how they have different ammo prices. I talked to the clerk at the Woodburn store and he said Walmart's policy is if the store is within 20 miles of a Big 5 or a Dick's the ammo is sold cheaper to compete with them. Kind of funny since both those places are spendy for ammo.

Sorry, that is just plain silly. Wal Mart just wants to maximize sales and minimize liability in some areas .... JMO

BTW, our Super Store still sells Rifles, Shotguns and all sorts of ammo and reloading supplies.

Get a life!

jokeoverhead.jpg

Actually being a Communist does not exclude making fistfuls, mountains of money. Look at the Chinese, for cryin' out loud. Just, look at the labels on the stuff you buy for Christmas this year and think about it.

Also most conspiracies are not theories. A conspiracy is nothing more than a plan between two or more individuals to commit a crime. A 2-person bank robbery or a 19-person airline hijacking are both results of conspiracies. So is the manipulation of stocks. They happen all the time.

An example of "good old Yankee capitalism" might be the Wall Street disaster of 2007, where a bunch of greedy suits decided to take us to the brink of economic collapse. How admirable is that? The smartest guys in the room is a movie. Rent it and be amazed.

My point is that nothing taken to the extreme is a good thing. Judge a tree by its fruit. What happens to the neighborhood and the prevailing wages when competition is gone and there is one hat store in town?

My own theory about Wally is that they are glad to make it difficult so long as the administration they do not like is in power, and that goes double for the old money wealthy and their banks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top