JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Jack from Dan-Dee Sales called today, the Form 4 for my Silencerco Sparrow came back today.

Here's the timeline:

Mailed 9/3/13
Approved 4/15/14
Received 4/19/14

A wait time of slightly over 7 months. I ran a wait time predict just before I updated the entry on NFA Tracker, apparently only 0.82% of people with my submit date have received their stamps by now.

Here's hoping it wasn't a fluke!

Sparrow_zps7f700599.jpg IMG_20140419_183319_231_zps87d13e4e.jpg

Last Edited:
Mine was a Trust... Just looked on NFA Tracker, there's a bunch coming through today that had check cash dates in early August. I must have made it just before that batch cut off.

I got mine form 1 today and it took little over 9 months. Mailed in June 22 of 2013 and approved April 11th. I just found it in my mail box today. The aprroval is Sara B Jones. I wonder what happen to Sandra Snook. Trust from Willmaker :)

I got mine form 1 today and it took little over 9 months. Mailed in June 22 of 2013 and approved April 11th. I just found it in my mail box today. The aprroval is Sara B Jones. I wonder what happen to Sandra Snook. Trust from Willmaker :)

Interesting.... I just looked, Sara B Jones was the one who approved my Form 1 a couple years ago. Both of my suppressor's bear Sandra Snook's stamp. Must be that Ms. Jones gets all the Form 1's?

Mine last suppressor was Submitted June 6 2013 and approved Mar 23 2014 by Sandra Snook :) 9 months wait.
I have very limmited on subsonic ammo so I am saving it for those raining days that i need to shoot rifle. I shoot handgun suppressed with any ammo :)

you guys just make me glad I got mine before people started figuring out that silencers were legal...

back in 08-09 when I submitted my form 4 via snail mail, it took EXACTLY 90 days for it to be mailed off, approved, and returned to my local NFA dealer. that 90 days seemed like forever back then. can't imagine the wait now...

you guys just make me glad I got mine before people started figuring out that silencers were legal...

back in 08-09 when I submitted my form 4 via snail mail, it took EXACTLY 90 days for it to be mailed off, approved, and returned to my local NFA dealer. that 90 days seemed like forever back then. can't imagine the wait now...
I'd probably wet myself if I got a stamp back in only 90 days now.

I was just looking on NFA Tracker, there are a few more forms from late August/early September that have been approved in the last week. There's even one suppressor with a submit date in late November that was approved.

Also, there's this from the American Silencer Association:

Unfortunately for the suppressor industry, Form 3s and 4s will be the last types to return. However, they have prioritized the processing of these forms until their reintroduction into eForms.

With this in mind, ATF is taking a number of additional steps, including:
  • Allowing examiners to work overtime to process forms; (This has not been done since budget cuts were imposed during the sequester.)
  • Hiring 15 additional staff to process NFA applications;
  • Allowing ATF employees from different sectors to assist with NFA applications;
  • Relaunching the eForms system for Forms 6 and 6A on April 17th; and
  • Allocating resources to ensure that processing times and the backlog are decreased and kept to a minimum.
In addition to these changes, ASA has received word that the one year contract for the research assistants who assist in the application process has been extended for another year.
I think things are finally starting to look up!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top