JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can attest that Wasp insect sprays are far stronger than normal insect sprays. I've had Wasp problems on my property, and discovered normal RAID for flying insects was quite ineffective on them. I could envelop them in a cloud of RAID, without any apparent effect. After repeated doses, and if they hung around to even allow that, they would eventually die. But it would take repeated doses just to get them on the ground, and then they would take forever to actually die.

I ended up getting Spectracide's Commercial quality Wasp and Hornet spray. Man, is this stuff ever toxic and nasty. It can shoot out 20 ft too. Be careful not to spray into the wind, however, as you don't want this stuff to get on you!!

When hit with this stuff, Wasps immediately fall out of the sky, and are dead within a few seconds on the ground. Don't know how a dog would react, but I would imagine it would be an extremely bad experience for any animal to get this stuff in their face.

View attachment 342678

I had my roof redone a few years ago and I bought 6 cans for the the Spectacide's spray. I used two cans to spray under the eves of my house. The rest I gave the roofers so if they found any wasps they can kill them. They used 3 1/2 cans so I just had 1/2 can left.

I have no experience spraying vicious canines.

Tony

When I have to fend off some A$$hats dog I would rather be able to do it to the damn owner. Since it's not the dog's fault the owner is a moron. It's why I carry OC when I walk mine. I have a gun too of course but do not want to hurt the other dog if I can avoid it. The OC runs the dog off without doing any permanent harm.

Sorry, if a dog poses a potentially lethal threat, it will be dealt with as such. Nothing personal, but my life, limb, and health are of paramount importance to me. There is no jurist on the earth that will disagree with that.

Sorry, if a dog poses a potentially lethal threat, it will be dealt with as such. Nothing personal, but my life, limb, and health are of paramount importance to me. There is no jurist on the earth that will disagree with that.

I don't know where you live but I can assure you that would not last long here. I have lost track of the times over the decades of walking here I have had to fend off some a$$hats dog. Someone starts shooting that many dogs in a city neighborhood and you are AT BEST going to be spending a LOT of time with lawyers in court. That would be the best you could hope for.

So can anyone tell me what the best OC or bear spray is? If I'm going to not use wasp killer or 9mm, I'd like to know what I should spray on an attacking canine.
I just buy the same stuff they sell for Cops. Most of mine are in the MKIV size. Easy to keep a couple with you. For dogs I would stick to the stream type rather than thd fog type. You can buy this stuff anywhere including Amazon.

In the wind it goes everywhere you don't want it to go.[/QUOTE said:
I was gunna say,
OK OK so when I was young and I drove like stupid anyway,I had a few drinks,got a free ride downtown. With a 130# crazy that got maxed bad. One side of my face ,my eye and nose were going crazy.
The moral of the story is I wouldn't use OC for nothing. It would,most definitely come back towards me. Without a doubt.
For dogs I would use either an ASP,a walking STICK,not one of those trecking poles,or a heavy knob of some sort on my leash.
Most of the time,just like a human,one blow to the nose and they want to be one their way.
The ones that don't,in both species,probably need shot anyway

Be careful not to start a war:D

hqdefault_zpsdfg4diz1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR