JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting to the tail end of the can and figured it's time to re-evaluate before ordering more... seeing how the last can did me good for 5yrs~ish.

I've been using Blaster 16-SL silicone lubricant mainly for mag and buffer tube internal surfaces (not springs). It's been fantastic stuff to keep mags running smoothly or taming some of those that might be a bit finicky.

Is anyone familiar with it or have a recommendation of something similiar I should look into before re-ordering more of the same? I want to stay away from the teflon stuff or others that leave any evident residue.

Hit me!

I'm getting to the tail end of the can and figured it's time to re-evaluate before ordering more... seeing how the last can did me good for 5yrs~ish.

I've been using Blaster 16-SL silicone lubricant mainly for mag and buffer tube internal surfaces (not springs). It's been fantastic stuff to keep mags running smoothly or taming some of those that might be a bit finicky.

Is anyone familiar with it or have a recommendation of something similiar I should look into before re-ordering more of the same? I want to stay away from the teflon stuff or others that leave any evident residue.

Hit me!
I use Lori lin spray lube from when my mom was selling knitting machines back in the 90's before she died. I have a bunch of cans but it is discontinued now and replaced with amsoil MP. I noticed they have a firearm specific also along with a cleaner I may have to try. I like the lori lin for reloading as well. For other oiling such a slides I use Lucas gun oil or an old old can of Singer sewing machine lube which also works on Singer M-1'carbines, imagine that.........

1668667435736.png 1668667306957.png

Hit me!

Try a little spit and determination…. it worked in ancient times.

;) :D

Hmm... CRC marine silicone says it's not plastic safe... with a warning. Have you used it on polycarbons?
I doubt I've used it on polycarb. When I've used polycarb, I typically vapor polish it.

If CRC says not to use it on plastics, I'd follow their recommendation. I have used it on my ARs in the past though in the buffer tube and GI mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top