JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NWFA.
Here is a list of the senators and state representatives that support further infringing on our second amendment rights. PLEASE, PLEASE email them and tell them how you feel! GIVE THEM HELL!
The following proposed bills in question are regarding 'assault weapons', high (standard) capacity magazines, and open carry on campus bills LETS MAKE THEM FEEL THE PRESSURE!!!! They need to know that a majority of this state does not approve of any of this, and prior bans in other states shows this does nothing to combat gun crime. All this does is infringe on law abiding citizens even further than 1639. Please reach out, its the only way our voices can be heard! I took some serious time getting these emails and writing out this message. I have emailed each person on these lists and I hope you all will too! If you don't have time, I will do it for you using your email. Lets just get our voices out there to these scumbags!

HB 1229/SB 5217 is sponsored by Representatives:
Peterson [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] ,

and attorney general Bob Furguson, use this link to contact him as he does not have his email out to the public

https://gcc02.safelinks.protection....Km4b0P9ROCNnoyEU6dRAu9rAzg7CgYx0c=&reserved=0

HB 1164/SB 5078 is sponsored by Representatives:
[email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , And of course AG Bob Furguson, use the above link to comment again on this matter.

HB 1234 is sponsored by Representatives:
[email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] ,

Received this from my legislators office today. (02/04/21) She said to write, call even if you're not in their district. She was ADAMANT about being civil and presenting facts.

SB 5078 is in the rules committee at the moment and could go (and probably will) through to the House next. She also stated & made VERY CLEAR the democrats are in control merely by numbers alone.

I'm writing everyone below & I PRAY everyone on this forum is also doing so. Imagine if all 54,696 members wrote to these legislators! THEN I can see it possibly having an impact.
The companion bill to this is HB1164 & that's where this is headed if it passes through the Senate rules committee.

I'm including three links that you can use to put something together with to send to these legislators. In essence, you can make your case against these bills with the common sense & logic in the letter (s) you send.

Please please please write some letters & send them..
You can find them ALL (both houses)
here...
or copy these below on the Senate Rules Committee
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Dan

From the CATO Institute:
Losing Count: The Empty Case for "High‐Capacity" Magazine Restrictions

and from Guns America:
5 irrefutable reasons banning 'high-cap' magazines defies common sense

and from Flopping Aces:
Why we need high capacity magazines

Dan,
Below are both lists of legislators that have these bills before them. SB 5078/5038 is in the Senate Rules right now and is eligible to be brought to the floor for a vote. If passed, they will go to the House committee. Here is link to all bill information and members that might help you.

House Public Safety Committee
Legislative Members
Room
Phone
Goodman, Roger (D)
Chair
436B Legislative Building(360) 786-7878
Johnson, Jesse (D)
Vice Chair
369 John L. O'Brien Building(206) 333-2989
Mosbrucker, Gina (R)
Ranking Minority Member
431 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7856
Klippert, Brad (R)
Assistant Ranking Minority Member
122A Legislative Building(360) 786-7882
Davis, Lauren (D)331 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7910
Graham, Jenny (R)435 John L. O'Brien Building(509) 960-5393
Griffey, Dan (R)403 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7966
Hackney, David (D)319 John L. O'Brien Building(206) 490-914
Lovick, John (D)430 Legislative Building(253) 275-1405
Orwall, Tina (D)326 John L. O'Brien Building(253) 656-5265
Ramos, Bill (D)325 John L. O'Brien Building(425) 654-4402
Simmons, Tarra (D)132F Legislative Building(360) 930-8127
Young, Jesse (R)468 John L. O'Brien Building(360) 786-7964
Senate Rules Committee

Room
Phone
Keiser, Karen (D)
Vice Chair
219 John A. Cherberg Building(360) 786-7664
Braun, John (R)
Ranking Member
314 Legislative Building(360) 786-7638
Billig, Andy (D)307 Legislative Building(360) 786-7604
Carlyle, Reuven (D)233 John A. Cherberg Building(360) 786-7670
Cleveland, Annette (D)220 John A. Cherberg Building(360) 786-7696
Gildon, Chris (R)110 Irv Newhouse Building(360) 786-7648
Hasegawa, Bob (D)305 Legislative Building(360) 786-7616
King, Curtis (R)115 Irv Newhouse Building(360) 786-7626
Kuderer, Patty (D)411 Legislative Building(360) 786-7694
Liias, Marko (D)309 Legislative Building(360) 786-7640
Muzzall, Ron (R)102 Irv Newhouse Building(360) 786-7618
Nguyen, Joe (D)213 John A. Cherberg Building(360) 786-7667
Pedersen, Jamie (D)235 John A. Cherberg Building(360) 786-7628
Rivers, Ann (R)316 Legislative Building(360) 786-7634
Short, Shelly (R)409 Legislative Building(360) 786-7612
Wilson, Claire (D)407 Legislative Building(360) 786-7658

Last Edited:
Here's my letter... feel free to use it as an example. I also sent it to my Reps because they're not on the committee.

I'm writing to address the fallacies of SB 5078 and sincerely hope each of you read this in the hopes you'll understand why this bill will do NOTHING to reduce the crimes the sponsors hope to do.

• The number 1 issue being that criminals will NEVER ADHERE nor COMPLY with anything in this bill.
  • The second issue being the fallacy of 'removing' these magazines from the public because there's literally millions of these in the hands of law abiding citizens already. Add to that, there's no logical nor effective way to know just who/whom owns what nor how many much less how any law enforcement agency could ever decipher or develop a method to collect items that are lawfully owned by law abiding citizens!
  • Third, there is little evidence that high‐capacity magazine restrictions have any positive effects on public safety. To support these laws, states and sponsors point to horrific crimes involving large‐capacity magazines. But the connection between the crime and the magazine is conjectural at best, while the prohibitions against such magazines have disrupted the lives of many otherwise law‐abiding gun owners — and all without any evidence of improvements in public safety. In some courts, it seems that merely uttering the phrase "gun violence" suffices to justify any exercise of state power. These policies are ineffective, dangerous, and unconstitutional.
  • Virtually every handgun in the past few years has magazines capable of holding 10 or more rounds as a standard capacity. 3.8 million pistols alone were mfg. in 2018. https://www.statista.com/statistics...s-manufactured-in-the-us-by-firearm-category/ and those were pistols with magazines.
    If the sales of those weapons alone was divided equally amongst the 50 states, Washington State would have 76,000 of them. How pray tell, would you envision the state collecting those magazines? Now add to that the number of magazines associated with the more popular AR style weapons that are so common.
    I believe one could safely estimate there are hundreds of thousands of those legal magazines in the possession of law abiding owners. I respectfully ask again, how pray tell, would you envision the state collecting those magazines?
Whereas I could cite example after example of the fallacies of this bill, I'll direct your attention to a site/organization that most of you will recognize and affirms my assertions above.
The Cato Institute

I'm attaching the CATO report as a .pdf if you desire to print it for reading it instead.

Respective of the supporters 'assertions' that high capacity magazines are indeed an issue, here's some data I would ask you to consider.

Would so-called "high capacity" magazine bans prevent mass shootings? It doesn't seem likely such a ban would prevent mass shootings. Consider that one of the Columbine shooters used a Hi-Point 995 carbine rifle, which uses 10 round magazines. He just carried 13 of them. Similarly, the Virginia Tech shooter used handguns and 17 magazines – mostly of 10-round (but also some 15-round). Two of the highest profile mass shootings in recent history and shooters used 10-round magazines; they just brought a lot of them. These magazines would not have been affected at all by the proposed ban.

How long does it take to change a magazine? Magazine changes can be very, very rapid, taking just seconds. The Columbine shooters had all the time in the world to reload and reload. They shot in the cafeteria, they entered the library, the went back to the cafeteria, then they went back to the library, and finally the science area. The shooting started at 11:19am and they continued their carnage until they committed suicide at approximately 12:08pm - or nearly an hour. How many magazine changes could these guys do in an hour?

Homicide victims are usually shot at less than 10 times A Department of Justice report from 2004 about the previous Federal Assault Weapons Ban – a report which Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the creator of that ban, links on her official website – says that most studies say the information they can obtain shows fewer than 10 shots are used to kill most murder victims, meaning that a 10-round limit isn't likely to have a measurable effect on murder rates. "Specific data ... suggest that relatively few attacks involve more than 10 shots fired."
The report went on to say: "Gun murder victims are shot two to three times on average according to a number of sources, and a study at a Washington, DC trauma center reported that only 8% of all gunshot victims treated from 1988 through 1990 had five or more wounds," though they note that number of gunshots may not be representative of the total number of shots fired.
However, the report also states: "the few available studies on shots fired show that assailants fire less than four shots on average, a number well within the 10-round magazine limit" adding "it is usually unclear how many cases, if any, involved more than 10 shots."

I appreciate you taking the time to read this information and hopefully will not allow this bill to proceed any further.

Dan Deckert

Last Edited:
Mine was a little shorter......

Everyone understands that something needs to be done, but not SB 5078 or HB 1164. Magazine restrictions present a safety issue for the citizens of the State of Washington and have been deemed unconstitutional (District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570). Taking away my rights as a responsible firearm owner and putting more restrictions on me is absolutely the wrong thing to do. I urge you to vote NO on these bills and instead propose new legislation holding the criminal(s) accountable for their actions – not adding more restrictions to me.

These bills are no different than banning large-sized vehicles because drunk drivers cause more fatalities in larger vehicles than sober drivers.

Or to put it a different way, when police officers show up to a scene, why does it take at least 3 police officers all carrying AT LEAST 3 high-capacity magazines each? Please take a look at your security detail. They all have high-capacity magazines to defend you and them. If it is ok for them to use high capacity magazines for defense, why isn't it ok for me? What makes my life less important that anyone else's?

I urge you to oppose SB 5078 and HB 1164, and any other legislation relating to high capacity magazines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top