JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This just in from DFW:

The commission also adopted a rule change clarifying identification requirements for those purchasing hunting licenses. Under the new rule, which goes into effect July 10, past Washington state hunting licenses may no longer be used as identification to obtain a new license from a dealer.

People eligible to purchase hunting licenses must either be listed as current license holders with a valid hunter education certificate number in the department’s licensing data system, show they were born before Jan. 1, 1972, or present a hunter-education certificate showing they completed a WDFW-approved hunter education course. Washington also accepts hunter education certificates issued by other states and provinces as proof of successful completion of an approved hunter education course.

Pops

Nice. Oregon just changed what we can use to issue a resident license. Nothing. Just come in and give us a name and address. No ID required. We can now purchase a license or tag online so it is pretty hard for us dealers to demand ID when you do not need it online. I feel for you up there in Washington State

I've been told, but have no verification, that the reason for the change was because stolen hunting and fishing licenses were being used in ID theft. Obtain a new DFW license with no ID except the old one. Then, oops, wallet left at home, but a newly issued hunting or fishing license on hand and ...

I don't mind having to show driver's license to renew. However, I understand your concern.

Pops

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads