JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably a bad owner. Regardless of breed.

I HATE having to harm a dog for just this reason. It's almost never the dogs fault. It's the moron who owns the dog. It's why I always try non lethal forms first. Have always been able to fight off dogs wanting to make a happy meal out of one of my dogs when walking.Had some REAL close calls though. It's why I use a body cam when I walk mine though. A LOT of the idiot dog owners get SUPER upset when you mace the dog they allowed to roam loose and attack. Makes me want to go after the damn owner more than the dog. Many should never be allowed to have a pet other than maybe a fish.

It's why I use a body cam when I walk mine though. A LOT of the idiot dog owners get SUPER upset when you mace the dog they allowed to roam loose and attack.

Yep. My wife and I go on walks in the neighborhood and have run into several hostile dogs off leash, just running free. The owners never even apologize. Usually they act like we're inconveniencing them.

When I was a kid I was attacked/bit several times on the arms and legs by a German Shepard that was allowed to run loose. I am still a little jumpy around certain breeds. I don't see it as my responsibility to learn the tendencies of other people's pets... I hope I never have to defend myself from another attack, but I won't hesitate to.

They've been known to break the skin:p

They've also been known to tinkle unexpectedly :)

Yep. My wife and I go on walks in the neighborhood and have run into several hostile dogs off leash, just running free. The owners never even apologize. Usually they act like we're inconveniencing them.

When Wife got me my first bodycam they were not common and a few times it was quite humorous. One day both walking our dogs, pit comes at Wife. I chase it off, owner comes running out all apologetic. I said no problem but, now you know the dog will do this. Months later I am alone same house, same dogs comes after me. Guy comes out and herds dog back. This time I told him dude this is the second time. I am not going to just keep allowing this. If you will not control your dog I will take action. He jumps in car with 3 other buddies and chases me down to start yelling that this never happened before along with some colorful language. I point to the camera on my shirt and said see this? You are on video tape. You were on video tape last time this happened. Since you have decided this is how you wish to handle this I will swear out a complaint against you. When you see the judge I will play both tapes for him. I walk off as he is still acting real brave from inside the car. I swear out complaint. Days later I am shopping with Wife and Animal Control Officer calls me. He is at brave guys house serving him court order. Now brave guy is begging to have me let this go since his Wife is now hearing about all this the first time. I told Officer OK I will give this one more chance. Brave guy gets off with just citation this time. Seems to have worked as I never saw his dog out lose again. Without that camera I doubt this would have been this easy.

When Wife got me my first bodycam they were not common and a few times it was quite humorous. One day both walking our dogs, pit comes at Wife. I chase it off, owner comes running out all apologetic. I said no problem but, now you know the dog will do this. Months later I am alone same house, same dogs comes after me. Guy comes out and herds dog back. This time I told him dude this is the second time. I am not going to just keep allowing this. If you will not control your dog I will take action. He jumps in car with 3 other buddies and chases me down to start yelling that this never happened before along with some colorful language. I point to the camera on my shirt and said see this? You are on video tape. You were on video tape last time this happened. Since you have decided this is how you wish to handle this I will swear out a complaint against you. When you see the judge I will play both tapes for him. I walk off as he is still acting real brave from inside the car. I swear out complaint. Days later I am shopping with Wife and Animal Control Officer calls me. He is at brave guys house serving him court order. Now brave guy is begging to have me let this go since his Wife is now hearing about all this the first time. I told Officer OK I will give this one more chance. Brave guy gets off with just citation this time. Seems to have worked as I never saw his dog out lose again. Without that camera I doubt this would have been this easy.
One of the very reasons I have a dash cam after a law suit, and a body cam due to dishonest a hole neighbor. Evidence is awesome and no expectation of privacy in a public place, so I can record you without consent.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top