JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lot of armed citizens north of the Columbia River!

More than 18,000 new concealed pistol licenses have been issued since January by Washington State law enforcement agencies, including 5,300 in just the past month, according to data from the Department of Licensing (DOL) obtained by Examiner Wednesday.

<broken link removed>

Dave where did you hear this from?!
The revelation comes on the same day that Senators Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Patrick Toomey (R-Pa.) announced a proposed accord on background check legislation that includes a provision that would allow use of a state concealed carry permit instead of a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer.
This is pretty good news among a sea of bad news!! Of course, it can later be removed from the bill, in which case, I hope Manchin and Toomey withdraw support. And then it has to pass the House and be signed by BHO.

Anyway, IMHO, this is much better news than 411,000 CPLs!, just saying! Its effect could go beyond WA state.

Dave where did you hear this from?!
This is pretty good news among a sea of bad news!! Of course, it can later be removed from the bill, in which case, I hope Manchin and Toomey withdraw support. And then it has to pass the House and be signed by BHO.

Anyway, IMHO, this is much better news than 411,000 CPLs!, just saying! Its effect could go beyond WA state.

It's in their talking points.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

TITLE TWO: REQUIRING BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR FIREARM SALES

Summary of Title II: This section of the bill requires background checks for sales at gun shows and online while securing certain aspects of 2nd Amendment rights for law abiding citizens.

- Closes the gun show and other loopholes while exempting temporary transfers and transfers between family members.

- Fixes interstate travel laws for sportsmen who transport their firearms across state lines in a responsible manner. The term "transport" includes staying in temporary lodging overnight, stopping for food, buying fuel, vehicle maintenance, and medical treatment.

- Protects sellers from lawsuits if the weapon cleared through the expanded background checks and is subsequently used in a crime. This is the same treatment gun dealers receive now.

- Allows dealers to complete transactions at gun shows that take place in a state for which they are not a resident.

- Requires that if a background check at a gun show does not result in a definitive response from NICS within 48 hours, the sale may proceed. After four years, when the NICS improvements are completed, the background check would clear in 24 hours. Current law is three business days.

- Requires the FBI to give priority to finalizing background checks at gun shows over checks at store front dealerships.

- Authorizes use of a state concealed carry permit instead of a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer.

I estimate it is closer to 10% when you assume no one less than 21, likely not many people over say 70, and no felons.

Peter

Watch that, I'm 66 now and 70 isn't that far away, plus I just (last month) renewed my CPL for another five years! My Kimber goes with me everywhere it's legal to carry!

See you at the gun shows!!

Thanks, Dave.

For everyone,

From the Manchi-Tooney web page,
"Fixes interstate travel laws for sportsmen who transport their firearms across state lines in a responsible manner. The term "transport" includes staying in temporary lodging overnight, stopping for food, buying fuel, vehicle maintenance, and medical treatment."​

The Washington Post interpreted that as
"gun owners with state-issued permits to carry concealed weapons would be allowed to take their firearms through states that don't allow concealed weapons."​

Huh!?!? How can they make such a connection? Or, am I missing something?

<broken link removed>
Key senators reach deal on background checks for gun buyers - The Washington Post

My favorite part of the article:

"There could be any number of reasons for the steady increase in active CPLs, but one thing that appears clear is that with almost 411,000 private citizens licensed to carry, there has not been a resulting bloodbath often predicted by gun prohibitionists who oppose Washington's "shall issue" concealed carry law. Homicides in Seattle are low compared to this time last year. A check with Seattle Police this afternoon revealed that there have been six criminal homicides so far this year and three officer-involved fatal shootings including one involving Bellevue police."

if law enforcements first go to action wasn't their only one that could have been cut by a couple. their definition of armed/dangerous seems to include twizzlers and sporks.

Edit: they do have another, seems to involve beating the crap out of noncombative citizens.

I think we all may be acting a little naïve to believe the high level presentation on the Toomey/Manchin gun bill. First rule when listening to any politician is if their lips are moving, they're probably lying. If it is a Liberal like Schumer and he's agreeing with Toomey, you know for sure he's lying.

Why do we need any new gun legislation other then let the Left claim they did something about Newtown when none of the proposals would have helped? It's a circus. NICS isn't fully funded now and would collapse under additional user requirements.

What is the definition of an internet sale? If I e-mail my buddy regarding selling a rifle does that qualify?
What is a gun show? Does six of us at the range and one offering to sell another a firearm count?
Supposedly we can already travel through states without harassment. The usual exception is New York and who the hell wants to go there anymore anyway?
So you can then buy a firearm with no background check and just your CPL, but what about the form 4473 and how long will they keep it?

GOA had an article asking these questions and more:
<broken link removed>

With Obama, and especially after Obamacare and having Schumer involved, do any of you really think it would end as positive as it sounds right now? You would have to believe in the Tooth Fairy if you do. I hope Paul, Lee, Rubio and Mitchell don't back down from the filibuster to stop this before the fiasco burns us all.
Butch

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class