JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So tell me that our democratic republic and freedom are dead, without saying so much.

That is what that statement is right there.

I am not, nor have i have been a person that blindly follows what the others are doing.
I have always held you in pretty high regards, my level of respect for you just dropped a few notches.

This whole tow the party line BS has put us square in the place that we find ourselves today.
Frankly neither of the ruling parties deserve my vote in this state. The dims have screwed the pooch and the republicants have bent over every single f**king time when it was imperative that they stand up for liberty, freedom, morals, and ethics.
I don't think Mike is staying he will vote party line hisself, rather that the Repubs will screw to pooch yet again, and we will end up right where we are now, with a ultra leftist democrap like Kotex!

I don't think Mike is staying he will vote party line hisself, rather that the Repubs will screw to pooch yet again, and we will end up right where we are now, with a ultra leftist democrap like Kotex!

If that is what he is saying, my misunderstanding and apologies.

Guys, we really need to make sure we do not allow the vote to be split! Having a large number of candidates on the ticket is a sure fire way to draw votes away from the best/most likely candidates, ensuring the Dems win yet again! Not voting is a sure fire vote for the Dems, pure and simple! We need every single vote to ensure a change here, you don't vote, you just handed it to the Dems!

We really need to get behind ONE candidate and give all the others the big finger!

Just a reminder... RH6PGKLOZ5EJ5BFTYS6H2EAJQU.jpeg

Right now, the registered Non-Affiliated voters outnumber the Democrats at the moment. To ensure a win, someone will need to gain a lot of votes from the Non Affiliated voters, not just the Party faithful.

By the numbers, Betsy Jonshon stands the best chance of beating both the Ds and Rs, maybe pulling off a sort of Bernie Sanders kind of win (an Independent in charge, not[/i a Democrat).

Just a reminder... View attachment 1192090

Right now, the registered Non-Affiliated voters outnumber the Democrats at the moment. To ensure a win, someone will need to gain a lot of votes from the Non Affiliated voters, not just the Party faithful.

By the numbers, Betsy Jonshon stands the best chance of beating both the Ds and Rs, maybe pulling off a sort of Bernie Sanders kind of win (an Independent in charge, not[/i a Democrat).
And how many actually turn out to vote? 30%? Maybe 50? Just because the numbers are there or aren't there for one team or the other means very little if we can't be bothered to fill in a box because Wheel of Fortune just came on.

And how many actually turn out to vote? 30%? Maybe 50? Just because the numbers are there or aren't there for one team or the other means very little if we can't be bothered to fill in a box because Wheel of Fortune just came on.
And that's the crux of the whole thing, isn't it? Because of Oregon's closed primaries, 34% of the voting public aren't able to vote in the primaries. Come November for the General elections; it might well be a different story and would be where Betsy has a potential darkhorse moment. But right now? Write ins might be the best way to get her name into the primaries, maybe? Registered Ds and Rs could do well to write in Betsy Johnson in order to prevent Tina Kotek and whoever is the worst for GOP from getting the nominations... or at the least, the numbers. If its reported that the D/R candidates got less than half of the party faithfuls to vote for them, and more than half of the faithfuls to vote against them? Well. There might be some interesting public campaigns for November.

There's one thing Republicans can count on after the recent SC leak, that easy win is out the window. All those red areas got a lot more purple now that a basic human right with the implication of more to follow are on the chopping block. If there was one thing that would energize the blue base and make red ladies think real hard about their futures, it was that. Get ready for the blue wave of rage!
No, that's incorrect, all of it!
Firstly, the SCOTUS has no authority to create law only decide it's constitutnality! Second, overturning Roe and sending the issue back to the Several States where it should have stayed in the first place is what should happen! SCOTUS should never have stepped into that hot mess, Abortion is NOT a constitutnal right, and any oblique reference to the 10th or 14th is a stretch at best! If, and that's a big IF SCOTUS tosses Roe to the curb, (as it should) no "Rights" are changed or lost, they simply revert back to the states to decide, as is state rights!

I'll personally throw in for Johnson because I do think the half measure of bringing rationality back to the state needs to run through a former known D to I. R plays well outside of the urban centers, but we need to take as much disenfranchised people from the cities as we can, and most of them are gerbil-conditioned to vote for anything but R.

Doesn't change that this will turn the tide blue. I don't disagree with your facts, that's not the point. And clearly republicans are upset because this will upset their easy wins. There also isn't any specific federal law (you can thank there being no ethics rules in the SC for that, honor system) keeping someone from taking a digital copy of a draft and giving it to a journalist. Whoever leaked it made a very politics statement and action. It will fundamentally change mid terms and the presidential election.
No, it won't turn the tide blue. It significantly reduces the changes of a massive blowout, but this isn't going to reverse the field. Also for the Presidential nod, running on moderation and encouraging Congress to come up with a bipartisan law or even an Amendment will nullify a lot of the screeching from the mentally ill that are salivating at the idea that they can't kill fetuses anymore.

In addition, all the facts in the world aren't going today save republicans that are fighting for their seats against democrats or moderate conservatives from being asked over and over and over again in detail about their stance of women's bodily autonomy. It'll be asked at every stop in every city I'm every state. And they'll have to know that any answer they give against it will be unpopular and lose them votes. Especially those that say stuff how rape is an opportunity or that rape isn't a reason for it. A lot of hard line conservatives aren't going to be able to play on their parents rights,
Crime, and other stuff anymore.
You could very well be right, I think it's all going to depend on weather SCOTUS actually takes up the issue before elections, or wisely waits until after November to issue anything! Could be a nothing burger too, they may decide it's too hot to handle and hold off till after 2024! Unless some state decided to push it forward and try to force a ruling, I would think Roe could stand until then, if ever!

Its like clockwork. each and every time they see a potential red wave/red surge/loss of blue seats/loss of blue states... they(Ds and media) trot out anything related to "they want to overturn Roe Vs Wade", effectively neutering all previous discussions of anything of substance because it is a very hot button issue that they can reliably count on making voters once again, irrational, divided and unable to come together to kick the lot of them out.

Its like clockwork. each and every time they see a potential red wave/red surge/loss of blue seats/loss of blue states... they(Ds and media) trot out anything related to "they want to overturn Roe Vs Wade", effectively neutering all previous discussions of anything of substance because it is a very hot button issue that they can reliably count on making voters once again, irrational, divided and unable to come together to kick the lot of them out.
And there in lies a secret agenda that could back fire biggly on the left! Just after Nov, roll out the Roe V Wade fight, strike it down and send it back to the states, let that stick of Dynamite cook off for the next two years and see where we are in the elections! Might just force both parties to put up a real fight to keep office, and show their real colors in the process, hell,ight even see some real changes!

I think you underestimate the long reaching ramifications that the majority of Americans that vote see in this leak. The good old reliable woman Christian non college educated white vote isn't so strong when the state they live in doesn't just make it difficult to get necessary medical attention, whether it risks the life of a mother or not, but 100% bans it. A lot of ted states have trigger laws that go into effect immediately when Roe is over turned. Making it illegal in full. Maybe it's hard for you as a man to care or see that, but I can gaurentee all the women in this country are thinking on it hard especially in red states with very little social nets to help mothers.
I don't think I'm underestimating it in the least. It's going to have an impact. It's not going to keep the current status or swing things further blue. This is likely going to hit in June and we'll see the polished opinion, and we'll see if the GOP can pivot to highlight the need for the legislature to do their job in a bipartisan manner vs. the idea of legislating via the courts. They have enough even from RBG to trot out about the overreach of the Court in 73 and seeing this as a course correction, albeit one that seems like it's a seismic one. But the major mitigation will be bringing back vaccine mandates. Don't underestimate how much that'll offset abortion.

And don't get me wrong, I think the Texas tards picked the wrong item to pick a fight on. They should've gone after something that matters. Demographically, most abortion seekers are more likely to have turned out future Democrats, so it's sort of a win/win to have left it alone. Women going bat$#!t crazy over the idea of not being able to kill their fetuses are women that we should want exposed so normal people know to stay TF away from those nutjobs.

I will vote for either party that cleans up the elections so the election is fair and honest.

I won't ever vote again until we have honest election.o_O
Glad you're not one of those straight-ticket tools. :s0123:

Hey, define "honest election".

I mean, at it's basic, honest means truth and that's something EVERY politician can be accused of stretching.

So in turn, you've decided to never vote again until honesty is a part of politics, but eh, not going to participate in cleaning that up by voting. :s0143:

RE : Post #58

I wonder......
Will the Dems want to add another Amendment to the Constitution?

"The right to an abortion shall not be infringed."

Yeah.....imagine that one? LOL.

Aloha, Mark

RE : Post #58

I wonder......
Will the Dems want to add another Amendment to the Constitution?

"The right to an abortion shall not be infringed."

Yeah.....imagine that one? LOL.

Aloha, Mark
The idea behind the 9th I get (and I like) because you'd run out of paper trying to enumerate the rights citizens have (imbued by creator, not a Government.) The idea of government staying out of ones' body shouldn't need to be called out (emphasize shouldn't.) Roe and Casey became problematic when the court went the wrong way in how the structured their ruling. Again, RBG was spot-on in her critique of how it was handled (decent article here.) TBH, while I disagree with the gov vax mandates, SCOTUS procedurally was smart in how they declined to rule with the language of overreach. It's what the Roe and Casey courts should've done.

Going back to the topic of the thread, this is why Betsy Johnson is a good choice for Gov because she's not on the poles of either side, but has demonstrated she's a moderate thinker with a default to protecting rights of citizens. The pro-lifers might not like her, but those same folks may also be anti vax mandates and it would seem she runs more that direction. She appears to be consistent. The more I read on her, the more I like her.

RE : Post #64

My post was to sarcastically point out that.......
Even IF there was a Constitutional Amendment......
We could/would/probably see a lot of the same hypocrisy over......

"........shall not be infringed."

Imagine.......the same treatment that gun owners face?
Back Gound Checks
Permits, Fingerprinting, Mental Health checks....(yup, they are required in some jurisdictions)
A waiting period/cooling off period.

All BEFORE, being given a go ahead to abort.

Aloha, Mark

PS....Pelosi is already floating trial balloons about another law and/or Amendment to the Constitution. Though she knows that it won't likely pass in the Senate.

Yup......you need to vote (to correct this).

Last Edited:
RE : Post #64

My post was to sarcastically point out that.......
Even IF there was a Constitutional Amendment......
We could/would/probably see a lot of the same hypocrisy over......

"........shall not be infringed.

Imagine.......the same treatment that gun owners face?
Back Gound Checks
Permits, Fingerprinting, Mental Health checks....(yup, they are required in some jurisdictions)
A waiting period/cooling off period.

All BEFORE, being given a go ahead to abort.

Aloha, Mark
You're not wrong. Feeble Joe himself has said the quiet part out loud by saying no Amendment is absolute. The 2nd has been chipped away at for almost 100 years (longer, really.) It's actually been funny to watch some of the more loony lefties go all pro 2A over Twitter. Owning/possessing isn't the same as training/being competent. But hey, if we finally get them over the edge to stop the infringements? Let's take the W.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top