JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And are close,y monitoring news regarding in case something like a mutation happens or a it goes airborne or zombies, what have you

The primary danger of a coronavirus (of which influenza is one) is that they mutate quickly and often. Makes them very infectious, crossing from animals (and insects) to humans and hard to fight; by the time we have a vaccine, they have already mutated to something else making the vaccine less effective. Scientists are working on a vaccine/et. al. that would be more effective on mutating viruses.

Let's start shooting the sick people and burning the bodies on the spot. I'm sure that's not an overreaction, right? :rolleyes:

I'm not really buying into the hype. I realize it is a serious illness, and you should certainly take care, but overall it doesn't strike me as a society ender any more than the last bunch of stuff the past couple of decades.

I guarantee you the day something comes along that has a mortality rate similar to Marburg with some sort of mutation that has a long incubation period and doesn't kill the carriers faster than they can spread it is the day to have a freak out moment. Unfortunately, I doubt there is anything anyone will be able to do at that point.

US dependency on China's drug manufacturing was a recognized issue prior to the current world & China 2019-nCoV situation.
As of today, mortality rates being tracked by Johns Hopkins show ~25%. Many believe China is not providing accurate data and things could be much worse in all areas (infection totals, total deaths, and total patient recoveries)

I'm not studied in international business, but it's easy to see how our global economy works. When one large area is absent or has supply issues that constrain production & manufacturing other areas will immediately begin to feel these shortages.

Let's say the virus takes another 30 days to get on top of in China - new cases fall off, and most are able to return to normal health during that time.
The US & others could be so shorthanded on antibiotics that secondary conditions pop up & add to death tolls. Doctors won't operate if they can't prescribe antibiotics.

I don't think this is a global killer - but there is large potential for negative impact world-wide.

If you can renew prescriptions early so you have a 3 month supply available I would.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top