JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So doing pretty good on stocking water and food but what about other things. What would you guys recommend? Going to stock up on some more stuff today so figure I'd ask you guys and get what I can while I can.

Remember this virus is almost exactly as deadly as the flu. (<3% v 2%)
This keeps getting repeated in the media, but I would like to know where it comes from. According to CDC stats, there have been a minimum of 22 million flu cases this season, with 12,000 deaths. This translates to a maximum mortality rate of .05%.

Furthermore, 20% of coronavirus cases develop severe pneumonia, requiring hospitalization and intensive care. This compares to a hospitalization rate of about 1% for influenza. Even those who recover from complicated coronavirus infection are looking at a 2 to 4 week hospital stay. That would be a very expensive proposition in this country.

The 2 diseases are not really comparable for a number of reasons.

Lots to be said about this new novel Corona Virus from Wuhan. So my best response would be to go to my info page about it at this link Corona Virus Outbreak From Wuhan China - Shared with pCloud

In the list of info, you will find an audio update I did, but it is about 1 week old. I will put up a new one today.
However, I need to say I came to my conclusions very suspicious of it. We have had so many hyped up "outbreaks" that I strongly had my doubts. But I cover that in my audio, and will again today.

Also, in the list you will find some recommendations for you... all drugless.

For Oregonians, I would like to repeat that we have 0 cases reported in Oregon. And 0 flights from China flying into the state.

with a incubation rate of 2-14 days and longer in some cases and the i-5 passing through the whole west coast, Canada is still receiving flights from China and as far as I know there is no screening at the border. Wouldn't take much for it to spread all long the i-5 corridor.

with a incubation rate of 2-14 days and longer in some cases and the i-5 passing through the whole west coast, Canada is still receiving flights from China and as far as I know there is no screening at the border. Wouldn't take much for it to spread all long the i-5 corridor.
The best way to control this type of problem is through border/boundary control, so you have good reason to be troubled by the lack of screening coming in from China.
In my opinion, Dr. Niman, a virologist from U. Of Penn, gives a balanced view of the problem. And even gives us a decent reason for a CFR (case fatality rate) of 20-25%. Meaning that is how many will die from the nCoV out of Wuhan. However, there is a Bavarian strain (mutated from the Wuhan strain) that appears to have a different CFR. But it may be a bit early to reliably know the Bavarian CFR.
In any event, preparing too early and not needing it, is much better than too late.

Lots to be said about this new novel Corona Virus from Wuhan. So my best response would be to go to my info page about it at this link Corona Virus Outbreak From Wuhan China - Shared with pCloud

In the list of info, you will find an audio update I did, but it is about 1 week old. I will put up a new one today.
However, I need to say I came to my conclusions very suspicious of it. We have had so many hyped up "outbreaks" that I strongly had my doubts. But I cover that in my audio, and will again today.

Also, in the list you will find some recommendations for you... all drugless.

where is the list.i scrolled through the link you posted but didn't see it.

Just bought a nebulizer so I can give my colloidal silver a try at any lung issues that come up

I get great results using colloidal silver topically on skin wounds & last time I put some in my water pik it fixed up my infected gum pockets immediately

Unknown.png

I don't believe China would be closing down everything they are for something that's just as deadly as the flu. But either way I get the flu every year so preps for it will get used anyways.

Do you have a compromised immune system?

Otherwise you need to work on your hand washing and not touching face skills. I haven't had the flu since I was like 12.

Do you have a compromised immune system?

Otherwise you need to work on your hand washing and not touching face skills. I haven't had the flu since I was like 12.

not sure if it's compromised immune system and most of adult life I've worked in some type of food industry so washing hands and not touching my face really isn't a problem.

simce I was about 12 or so I've always gotten bronchitis. My hand washing has gone crazy since we've had our second kid as well. I figure if my immune system was comprised it would have been brought up at the doctors every year as a kid.

Washing hands more after being in public and wiping down all surfaces in both car and home much more frequently.

And are close,y monitoring news regarding in case something like a mutation happens or a it goes airborne or zombies, what have you

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top