JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the article:
On Feb. 27, police discovered that the driver of a blue Ford truck and the driver of a white Ford sedan were involved in a traffic dispute and pulled over near Barlett Rd. and Oltendorf Rd. As the driver of the truck approached the sedan, the driver of the sedan shot the driver of the truck multiple times, police said.

That's not at all how it appeared to me in the video...

Seemed pretty clear to me from the video that the road rager in blue was already at the white Ford's driver's side window and then he reached inside with his arm before he got shot. That's not at all like being shot as one "approached the sedan."

Totally misrepresentative reporting. Quite literally, a lie... :(

Last Edited:
From the article:
On Feb. 27, police discovered that the driver of a blue Ford truck and the driver of a white Ford sedan were involved in a traffic dispute and pulled over near Barlett Rd. and Oltendorf Rd. As the driver of the truck approached the sedan, the driver of the sedan shot the driver of the truck multiple times, police said.

That's not at all how it looked to me...
Seemed pretty clear to me from the video that the rager in blue was already at the driver's window and reached inside with his arm before he got shot.
Not at all like being shot as one approaches the vehicle.
Totally misrepresentative reporting... :(
That never happens with the honest and non bias media....

I'm not saying it's right, but you walk up to a stranger's car window that you've just had a traffic incident with, ain't nothing good gonna happen. Just flip him off and scream some expletives out the window then go home and kick the dog.
I'm sure the dog is gonna love that... :s0140:

"Hey, what the hell did I do...???"

Dog_what did I do.jpg

I'm not saying it's right, but you walk up to a stranger's car window that you've just had a traffic incident with, ain't nothing good gonna happen. Just flip him off and scream some expletives out the window then go home and kick the dog.
Don't kick the dog, or I'll take issue with the person who does. Dogs are far better souls than any human, who am I to take aggression out on something like that? Now cats are a different story, they are a$$h0les!!! LOL

From a followup article:

The Daily Herald reported the dispute started after Mattison was attempting to back his vehicle into his driveway. Rather than wait for Mattison, prosecutors said Mejia drove around him, which prompted Mattison to follow Meija.

The two became engaged in a dispute in which Mattison reportedly reached inside of Mejia's vehicle and struck him in the face, the Daily Herald reported. Mattison was then shot several times in an encounter that was captured on video by another driver and posted to social media.

WOW! Well have to say as others have, play stupid games, you may win a Darwin Award. As for shoot? Sure as hell looks like the shooter is going to have real trouble here. LONG ago Father was dating a gal who lost a friend this way. As she put it "he had a tempter problem". He ran other driver off the road, ran over and grabbed him through window and got drilled. Gal was shocked as she said "and they did nothing to the shooter!". Dad and I said at the same time he died of terminal stupidity. Now this one the guy was a moron but, not sure local authority is going to call this "justified". Again though we have someone who never learned to control his emotions because he got away with it. NO WAY was this the first time he pulled something this stupid. It will probably be the last time though. :s0092:

From a followup article:

The Daily Herald reported the dispute started after Mattison was attempting to back his vehicle into his driveway. Rather than wait for Mattison, prosecutors said Mejia drove around him, which prompted Mattison to follow Meija.

The two became engaged in a dispute in which Mattison reportedly reached inside of Mejia's vehicle and struck him in the face, the Daily Herald reported. Mattison was then shot several times in an encounter that was captured on video by another driver and posted to social media.
Interesting to have more info. As I said he will be able to control himself now. Such a stupid way to end your life.

It would be wise to not let a moment of frustration or anger become a lifetime of regret.

The road of life is not yours alone....you share the lane with many others...some of whom will drive worst than you.
It may be best to give them the space to wreck themselves , and not get pulled into the carnage of their making.
Andy

Woulda coulda and shoulda...

Looks like there was room to drive off to me, not pull a gun.
Once you point a gun like that your options are limited if guy standing thinks you won't pull the trigger.

I'm not seeing any winners in this scenerio. The dead guy should not have followed the shooter. In an of itself that could be construed as aggravating the situation. Striking the shooter in the face only made that worse. As I said, no winners here.

Road rage is so stupid. I've been angry behind the wheel at times, when some jerk does something stupid, wanted to "teach them a lesson", got taught a lesson instead.

Line of traffic passing a truck on the interstate- entitled jerk flies up on the right to cut in, everyone tightens up to block him. He nearly ran me off the road, would have hit me had I not hit the brakes and let him in. Yup, learned my lesson; stay away from crazy. His safety was far less important to him than mine is to me. In a game of chicken, crazy wins every time.

Over the years I've really learned to mellow out and let it go on the road. I might get irritated but I don't get angry at anything. My safety (and that of my family) comes first. Don't drive aggressively, stay away from crazy, and DON'T drive with your horn and finger. Don't let your emotions cause you to make bad decisions.

I'll bet both of these guys wish they could take back their stupid decisions, or at least would if they were both still alive to wish. There's a guy I knew as a kid, who got into an argument with a guy in a bar, as a young man. They took it outside, and he spent the next ten years in prison for accidentally killing the guy, wishing he'd made a wiser decision in the heat of that moment.

Over the years I've really learned to mellow out and let it go on the road. I might get irritated but I don't get angry at anything.
Same here. Age definitely has mellowed me, but also, once I started carrying, chit got real. I understand that I have the ability to screw a lot of lives up in a fast minute so that helps me to keep my emotions in check.

Thread cleaned up.

The OP topic is about a road rage incident....please keep the comments relevant to that.

Also ...when disagreeing with other forum members * remember to keep comments within our forum rules.
Andy
* Or whenever you are commenting / posting....keep to our forum rules....rules which you agreed to follow when you signed up.

1) "1- He put his face right down by the window (easy way to get punched)."
The driver throwing a punch through the window while seated sounds like a losing proposition.
However, punching the driver through the window is a serious blow. I was sitting next to a friend who asked for trouble and got it just like that. It was a stunning punch.

2) "Anyone is welcome to catch some lead if they come at me with a threatening demeanor. Best to keep it civil."
Posting stuff like this could come back to bite you if such ever occurs.
SYG considered and all I would still do my best to avoid having to shoot some belligerent cretin over a stupid move in traffic. If this is the sort of thing he does regularly he will get his at the hands of somebody else and I avoid the concomitant ugliness that follows shooting some clown who richly deserves it.

3) "Now cats are a different story, they are a$$h0les!!! LOL"
You are entitled to have and express uninformed opinions. Everybody does it at some time.
My kitties take exception to being the objects of such stereotypical calumnies, but they forgive you.
Apparently you have never had a kitty who loves you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top