JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Can't say much because I'm waiting to hear back from the DA in PDX. Long story short, went back to a shop that I had done work for. Came back for a "re do". Had no issue with that whatsoever, upon entry to the building.. they immediately started bad mouthing me and the work I did. ( I do immaculate work 99.9% of the time so I did not appreciate the disrespect. I kept trying to explain my self over their barrage of words. I finally got to the end of my fuse. Told them if they didn't want to stop bad mouthing me do call my F'ing shop and deal with them. Im done with you. At this point I have the main character, and now one of his tweaker cronies decided to start mean mugging me. I turned straight to him and said.. what are you looking at? Are you going to do something? He said yeah mother F'er if you don't get out of here we are gonna beat your Arse ( I boxed and did BJJ for 5 years so I definitely wasn't scared of these clowns) then I proceeded to leave as they are following me saying to come back in the shop so they can "beat me" I say my share of profanities back at them, never made a threat though. We are in the parking lot now I'm about to open the door of my van, the 2nd aggressor picked up a huge chunk of asphalt and lobbed it right at me, had to deflect it with my van door otherwise would've definitely hit me in the head. After that the main aggressor pulled what looked like a .380 out of his pocket and said GTFO or im gonna put a hole in your head!! Some small tweaker looking old lady rushed out and pushed him away as I was leaving they proceeded to throw another rock at me. I got about 2 miles down the road called Portland police they showed up and gave me the rundown about what the laws would dictate it as, he pretty much told me that it wasn't actually a threat More so menacing with a firearm…? can't what to hear what the POS DA Mike Schmidt has to say about this. I feel like it's going to end up going to civil court at this point regardless, I'm not going to let these morons get off the hook. After all of this, they called my shop and said I was the primary aggressor and then once the police showed up and took the report after getting my half of it, they immediately called our shop back and we're saying pretty much the opposite of everything and backpedaling their story, not mentioning the violence that incurred and told them to tell me sorry yeah bud that's not gonna cut it. Any free legal advice would be appreciated, keeping the name of the shop and the individuals out until I figure out what's going on. You don't threaten my life and get away with it. This would've been a very different story, Had my gun been on my person. he is very lucky it was in my van. I HATE OREGON!!!!!!!!

But do you do MMA? I bet you know BJJ. Dang those tweaker clowns.

There are two sides to every story

I am not a lawyer however.....

I would avoid the phrase " got to the end of my fuse."

Also:

" I definitely wasn't afraid of these clowns"
"You don't threaten my life and get away with it."
"had my gun been on my person. / He was very lucky it was in my van "

Are not in your favor either.

And free internet legal advice , to include mine above....ain't always helpful....or may not be what you really want to hear.
Andy

Last Edited:
Sounds like you were the aggressor here and escalated the situation.

Next time take a deep breath, swallow your pride and walk away. I know it's easier said than done, but I've had to do it. You'll fume about it until the adrenaline wears off, but you will be better in the long run.

Don't pursue it any further. I'm not sure it ends how you think it will end.

What Andy just said is gold. Easier said than done I know BUT, if you tell it the way you told it here to "authorities"? It sounds like mutual combat kind of thing. The one who pulled a gun is of course NEVER going to admit he did that. So free advice? In a situation like this walk away LONG before it gets this heated.

Oh definitely press charges if you're able to. Guys like that deserve to lose their gun rights.. brandishing a firearm over mere words and service quality disagreement is insane. Plus throwing rocks is childish as hell. I hope some kind of charges stick.

Guess I didn't make this clear enough.
Sounds like you were the aggressor here and escalated the situation.

Next time take a deep breath, swallow your pride and walk away. I know it's easier said than done, but I've had to do it. You'll fume about it until the adrenaline wears off, but you will be better in the long run.

Don't pursue it any further. I'm not sure it ends how you think it will end.
I highly disagree with the first part of your statement. I was in no aspect an aggressor. Merely trying to defend my name and they weren't having it. As soon as they started verbally attacking me I immediately went towards the door. I didn't ask them to follow me and keep threatening me. I told this to the officer pretty much word for work and he touted them as the aggressors. They had a bad disposition about me before I came in the door so to say I was an agressor is pretty ignorant, but you weren't there so that's not your fault little buddy. Thanks for the open ended non helpful info!

Video cam makes ALL the difference!!!
If this is your business, why do you not have cameras w audio.....?
I'm a driver and dashcams are popular for a reason... no explaination needed...pictures really do say 1000 words!!!!

Not criticizing, just suggesting!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews